By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U Outsold the Xbox One the Month of June Globally!!

is the Wii U still doomed?

Yes! it will always be!!! 115 25.67%

No! MK8 FTW! 332 74.11%

Total:447

The bump was due to Mario kart but until smash comes out I think Xbox will beat wiiu. It's close a race and xbox has no Japanese numbers. I don't know if that's anything to be excited about. Not trying to troll just stating some facts.

Around the Network

PS4 dominated.... yeah.... if you call it that. 150k more a month is not really that much... numbers accross the board are pitiful with the exception of th 3DS as that is almost 4 years old now.

eva01beserk said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
cpg716 said:
I posted this is another post about the Wii U. This break down gives a clearer picture of Wii U sales.

Wii U is around 6.6.. but the problem is.. that is after being on the market for 1 yr and 7 months.. PS4 and X1 have been on the market for 7 months. So the PS4 is almost 2 million ahead and the X1 is 1.8 million behind. Both are selling better then the Wii U if you look at the first 7 months of sales. With the Wii U not selling in numbers that will stop this trend. The Wii U has averaged 347k/month. The X1 685k/month and the PS4 is at a whopping 1.2 million/month. Just an FYI. The Wii U only sold 3.91 million units from launch until Sept 2013. That was only an average of 372k the first 10.5 months. So even the X1 is selling about 200k MORE a month the first several months in.

The X1 numbers were with only a few weeks of $399 pricing and before having a larger global release in September. I just don't see where the Wii U will keep pace at this point. Unless the X1 blows this holiday season somehow I would have to think it will match Wii U's numbers by end of 2014 in total sales. Doing so in a year less time. The PS4 will be the clear winner though.

theres 3 factors

did mario kart 8 raise a lot of awareness

how much will smash bros sell and will it move tons of hardware

will amiibo be a wild ward

Yea, look at sales so far for the x1, they droped of aa clift after the realease. Now look at this month WW, the Wii U came on top on the month of a pricecut with pent up may sales. So july will be much worst for the x1 while the wii u will saty ahead at least because hyrule wariors will be big in japan and when it comes to the west it will spike sales a bit. And I think it will stay ahead of the x1 for the reminder of the year cuz x1 is only selling in the US I dont think we have to wait much longer untill demand for the x1 drop even in the US, after all thouse multyplats come out on the ps4 the x1 sales wont be even a fourth of the ps4. And the Wii U will have a bunch off exclusives to push sales.

You missed the part where I said that the Wii U was only at 3.9 million sold by the end of Sept 30th 1013. 10.5 months after release. The X1 is at 4.8 million by July 5th 2013, just 8 months after release. The Wii U also collasapsed , but MUCH worse then the X1 did for Spring & Summer. The Wii U had a big title come out and that was the ONLY reason sales increased for this period. Sales doubled for the X1 with no new title that really drove sales (Watch Dog helped the Ps4)  and just had the price decrease. I will likely bet that the decrease will help July sales be ahead of the Wii U. September will help as that puts the X1 at an almost worldwide release. It will easily make up differences of the "39k" that the Wii U beat the X1 by in June. X1 sales demand won't drop over the next months. Destiny pre-orders are NOT far behind PS4 on X1. Sunset Overdrive and Halo: MCC will keep the X1 selling for Sept-Dec. As will holiday deals.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Help us Iwata....you're our only hope.

cpg716 said:
eva01beserk said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
cpg716 said:
I posted this is another post about the Wii U. This break down gives a clearer picture of Wii U sales.

Wii U is around 6.6.. but the problem is.. that is after being on the market for 1 yr and 7 months.. PS4 and X1 have been on the market for 7 months. So the PS4 is almost 2 million ahead and the X1 is 1.8 million behind. Both are selling better then the Wii U if you look at the first 7 months of sales. With the Wii U not selling in numbers that will stop this trend. The Wii U has averaged 347k/month. The X1 685k/month and the PS4 is at a whopping 1.2 million/month. Just an FYI. The Wii U only sold 3.91 million units from launch until Sept 2013. That was only an average of 372k the first 10.5 months. So even the X1 is selling about 200k MORE a month the first several months in.

The X1 numbers were with only a few weeks of $399 pricing and before having a larger global release in September. I just don't see where the Wii U will keep pace at this point. Unless the X1 blows this holiday season somehow I would have to think it will match Wii U's numbers by end of 2014 in total sales. Doing so in a year less time. The PS4 will be the clear winner though.

theres 3 factors

Yea, look at sales so far for the x1, they droped of aa clift after the realease. Now look at this month WW, the Wii U came on top on the month of a pricecut with pent up may sales. So july will be much worst for the x1 while the wii u will saty ahead at least because hyrule wariors will be big in japan and when it comes to the west it will spike sales a bit. And I think it will stay ahead of the x1 for the reminder of the year cuz x1 is only selling in the US I dont think we have to wait much longer untill demand for the x1 drop even in the US, after all thouse multyplats come out on the ps4 the x1 sales wont be even a fourth of the ps4. And the Wii U will have a bunch off exclusives to push sales.

You missed the part where I said that the Wii U was only at 3.9 million sold by the end of Sept 30th 1013. 10.5 months after release. The X1 is at 4.8 million by July 5th 2013, just 8 months after release. The Wii U also collasapsed , but MUCH worse then the X1 did for Spring & Summer. The Wii U had a big title come out and that was the ONLY reason sales increased for this period. Sales doubled for the X1 with no new title that really drove sales (Watch Dog helped the Ps4)  and just had the price decrease. I will likely bet that the decrease will help July sales be ahead of the Wii U. September will help as that puts the X1 at an almost worldwide release. It will easily make up differences of the "39k" that the Wii U beat the X1 by in June. X1 sales demand won't drop over the next months. Destiny pre-orders are NOT far behind PS4 on X1. Sunset Overdrive and Halo: MCC will keep the X1 selling for Sept-Dec. As will holiday deals.

you also have to relize everything microsoft had to do

bundle titanfall,$100 price cut,get rid of kinect ,start getting exclusive deals with 3rd parties,change policies it took all that to getxbox one full swinging

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
ikki5 said:

PS4 dominated.... yeah.... if you call it that. 150k more a month is not really that much... numbers accross the board are pitiful with the exception of th 3DS as that is almost 4 years old now.

This. 

I find funny how people idolise the PS4 sales when currently they're just "normal" at best. The others that are doing poorly. It had a brilliant start, but now it's sales are on normal levels, consoles Like Wii and PS2 managed to hit much better numbers even on this time of the year.

Also, congrats to 3DS, like you said, it's 4 years old and still manages to top the global charts.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
ikki5 said:

This. 

I find funny how people idolise the PS4 sales when currently they're just "normal" at best. The others that are doing poorly. It had a brilliant start, but now it's sales are on normal levels, consoles Like Wii and PS2 managed hit much better numbers even on this time of the year.

Also, congrats to 3DS, like you said, it's 4 years old and still manages to top the global charts.

poor vita  15k 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:

bundle titanfall,$100 price cut,get rid of kinect ,start getting exclusive deals with 3rd parties,change policies it took all that to getxbox one full swinging

The Amazing Wii U deals with included games have also been what kept sales from being even worse for the Wii U before Mario Kart 8 came out.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
eva01beserk said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

theres 3 factors

I like how you keep missing the point that after the pricecut the x1 sales where the same as when they droped before may. On the contrary the wii u increased by a lot after mk8. You also keep ignoring that that wii u has 4-7 games exclusive(very diverse, for hardcore gamers and casuals) to the wii u coming  this year while the x1 has 3(non system sellers, catering to the same audince that already has a x1). And you keep ignoring that multyplat after multyplat sales go up to the ps4 by a lot while the x1 goes up a tiny margin. You also claim that a game coming out is suposed to increase sales more than a pricecut. That is complete bullshit, a pricecut always has more weight than a game, even if is one of their biggest. They both increased in over 200% sales compared to last month but the thing is that the x1 may numbers where complete crap so thats not saying much. And for the millionth time, outside the US the x1 is dead, wii u has been killing it since before mk8. In the upcoming months the x1 will decrease in popularity while the wii u will increase.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

cpg716 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

The Amazing Wii U deals with included games have also been what kept sales from being even worse for the Wii U before Mario Kart 8 came out.

ill name things nintendo had to do

mario,mario kart,price cut

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?