By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last of Us at 7 Million according to Twitter! VGC way below

Finally the wait will be over for me, I was going to buy the PS3 version then I hear the remaster version was coming so I wait instead, same is happened for the GTA V :D

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
Could it catch up to Halo 3 which is at 10.5 million once the HD remaster launches?

Amazing for a new IP

...arent you forgetting digital for Halo 3 and MCC?

can we really count if it's in a collection?  How do we know the people bought if for that game?  Do we add numbers to Sonic sales for all the Genesis collections over the years?

If we start using that argument then we start questioning the sales of basically every bundled game ever. Do we know that they bought the bundle for that specific game or did they just buy it because it was the best deal?

We have to be fair here and include those sales as well.

Da fuk? 4.64 vs 7 million ain't just shipped and digital making up the difference. VGC should be at 6 million or damned close to it for the hard copy version sell through. Unless people really thing ~1.5 million sold via PSN.

I'm always conflicted about TLOU2. If there's an IP that deserves a bit of milking because of its awesomeness it's TLOU. But TLOU is so much the complete package that another full game within that universe would be likely to diminish the IP as a whole, because what story could live up to the original. Not saying that TLOU is best story evah, though it must come damned close within the video game realm, but it's so hard to envisage ND doing a better story than TLOU. They can improve the gameplay no doubt and make many other improvements, but this is a story and character driven game, and that makes it hard for a sequel to be equal to or greater than TLOU if the story is weaker even if the gameplay is better.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

I'm always conflicted about TLOU2. If there's an IP that deserves a bit of milking because of its awesomeness it's TLOU. But TLOU is so much the complete package that another full game within that universe would be likely to diminish the IP as a whole, because what story could live up to the original. Not saying that TLOU is best story evah, though it must come damned close within the video game realm, but it's so hard to envisage ND doing a better story than TLOU. They can improve the gameplay no doubt and make many other improvements, but this is a story and character driven game, and that makes it hard for a sequel to be equal to or greater than TLOU if the story is weaker even if the gameplay is better.

I kinda feel the same way about Eternal Darkness.

Regardless of shipped or not figures but it's clearly undertracked here.

Around the Network

I hope you all know, that from the time tlou was launched it was always bundled. Sony does that to skew numbers, sort of like they have done with Knack in Japan. 7 million after being given away with install base of 83 million isn't as well as I would expect.

NVM, brain fart. I thought the guy was the president of Sony Iberia, but he's a journalist from Meristation.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I think it's definitely undertracked in Germany like some other games I know about as well (Gears 3 as example).

The Last of Us won the Platinum Sales Award in Germany in July 2013 which means it reached 200k sold in July 2013. Could be probably anyting between 200k and maybe 240k for end of July. VGC has it at 167k for 27th July 2013 and at 280k right now. Sounds very unlikey to me.

true_fan said:
I hope you all know, that from the time tlou was launched it was always bundled. Sony does that to skew numbers, sort of like they have done with Knack in Japan. 7 million after being given away with install base of 83 million isn't as well as I would expect.

I know, right?

Same for Halo 3 and Forza games in fact. When they launched, they were "always bundled" (whatever "always bundled" means in the case of a newly released game *facepalm*). MS does that to skew numbers. Those games really didn't sell so well when you factor in the fact they were "always bundled" and pretty much given away with the console all the time, right?  ¬_¬

Even if that include digital sales it still look undertracked

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m