By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Remastered NEW TRAILER!

mysteryman said

There's honestly not much of a difference.

Take market "research" with grain of salt. Especially when not performed by an objective third party.

But it was performed by an objective third party - Nielsen's. I believe they are also the most respected market research company in the US.

Around the Network
Burek said:
mysteryman said

Take market "research" with grain of salt. Especially when not performed by an objective third party.

But it was performed by an objective third party - Nielsen's. I believe they are also the most respected market research company in the US.

Was it? I was unable to find the source of the investigation, or any details on what analysis was actually performed.

there was an outside firm involved but i cant remember exactly who. but we have gone way off topic, lets return this one to TLOU..

Im sure sony will do another one of these as its an important thing to keep track of, we can discuss it then and atleast have something to compare it to.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

mysteryman said:
Burek said:
mysteryman said

Was it? I was unable to find the source of the investigation, or any details on what analysis was actually performed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-09-how-strong-exactly-is-playstations-2014-line-up

One amazing statistic, to me at least, was published by Nielsen a couple of months ago. They researched the PS4, and reported that 17 per cent of PS4 owners had never owned the last gen. A completely new consumer who skipped a generation. 32 per cent additionally didn't own a PS3, but owned a 360 or Wii.

DD_Bwest said:
BenVTrigger said:
Wait there was a locked thread?

Lol I must be late to the party I had no idea. I just logged onto the site and saw there was no thread and made this one.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186853&page=1

It wasnt really about the trailer, although it is linked in the article..  just about the difference with the side/side gif. 

I can't believe how some people didn't get a ban in this thread, wow.

To the vid: It looks very good but the gif is not showing massive improvements.

The general improvement is more technically than visually. Upping the res to 1080p and doubling the framerate to 60 fps (even more if it's locked and doesn't drop like the PS3 version) than anything mindblowing you can see in videos or pictures. And anybody who was expecting this was just misinformed. TLOU used the PS3 like no other game - impressive is that PS4 is able to render it in 1080p60.

Around the Network

Two pics from twitter:

Makes me wonder why they have the option to lock it at 30fps? Perhaps it's not 60fps locked as promised?

BenVTrigger said:

The main differences I can see are

Lighting looks improved

Textures have been slightly updated for sure

Resolution is a huge difference

and obviously 60fps will be a big difference.  Overall a nice remaster but nothing earth shattering which is fine. The game was damn amazing as is and this updated version will be awesome to play through.

I would say textures have been very noticeably updated. In some ways you can criticise that it's a cutscene not gameplay, but then again upgrading the quality of the cutscene, if it's using the game engine, not pre-baked CGI, is a legit demonstration of the visual improvement from one platform to the other.

The image is sooo much sharper.

The trailer and the gif really make me want to get the remaster, but I must resist because while my heart says yes, my miserly head says no, and I must listen to my head because my expenditure on games must be directed towards games I don't already own.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Burek said:
mysteryman said:
Burek said:
mysteryman said

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-09-how-strong-exactly-is-playstations-2014-line-up

One amazing statistic, to me at least, was published by Nielsen a couple of months ago. They researched the PS4, and reported that 17 per cent of PS4 owners had never owned the last gen. A completely new consumer who skipped a generation. 32 per cent additionally didn't own a PS3, but owned a 360 or Wii.

Well PS2 was pretty strong, and released games deep into the 7th gen. Some people also drift in and out of gaming. By the end of one generation they feel a bit gamed out and take a break, before they know it they have skipped a generation and the next next gen is here. I for one stopped video gaming for over 10 years I had a Commodore 64 in the 1980s, then in the late 90's I ransomed my brothers PS1 as collateral for money I loaned him and got hooked back into gaming. I pretty much missed the whole of Nintendo's prime gaming years. If I'd got back into video gaming before PS1 came out I might be a Nintendo fan rather than a PS fan and I might be one of the few who owns a Wii U. Or I might be a bitter Sega fan who converted to Xbox because at least Xbox didn't help to kill off Sega as a hardware maker.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

walsufnir said:
Makes me wonder why they have the option to lock it at 30fps? Perhaps it's not 60fps locked as promised?

Probably for the fools who want dat Cinematic feel

"We are coding hard over the weekends with our Naughty Dog graphics team to push The Last of Us past 60 fps."