By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Remastered NEW TRAILER!

DD_Bwest said:
ikki5 said:
milliniar said:
inb4 people complain of no difference.
people have to understand the target audience for this game is mostly the people that bought a ps4 that don't ahve a ps3. which sony has said is like 47% of current owners.

They are basing those numbers on the number of New PS+ accounts but don't factor in the fact that you didn't need to have a PS+ account for the PS3.

no they are based off of the # of new PSN accounts that have a ps4 activated to it without having any ps3's activated to it.

That's exactly what Ikki said. If you didn't need a PSN account for your PS3 and made one for your PS4, then you count as "new" to Playstation.

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:
ikki5 said:
milliniar said:
inb4 people complain of no difference.
people have to understand the target audience for this game is mostly the people that bought a ps4 that don't ahve a ps3. which sony has said is like 47% of current owners.

They are basing those numbers on the number of New PS+ accounts but don't factor in the fact that you didn't need to have a PS+ account for the PS3.

no they are based off of the # of new PSN accounts that have a ps4 activated to it without having any ps3's activated to it.

That's exactly what Ikki said. If you didn't need a PSN account for your PS3 and made one for your PS4, then you count as "new" to Playstation.

PSN account =/= PS+   

for the ps3 you didnt need to purchase plus, but if you wanted online features you have to sign up for the playstation network.   thats free, but as its an online service you need to sign up for it.   the same deal goes with the ps4.  if you want the online features you need to create a psn account, or use an already existing one.  you do not need to purchase plus.  (edit: to clarify, you get online services, not mp.  so netflix and all that junk doesnt need + )

all psn accounts are linked to a console,  when you go onto the psn website you can see the consoles activated you your account.  for me i see my ps3 and my ps4.   once it is activated you can only deactivate it on the console itself or by calling sony.  they can look at playstation network accounts that have never been associated with a ps3 that way.

and the 47% figure is off, it was 31%

(mods i left the 4th quote tree as the last part of my post refers to it, and i didnt want it to get lost.)

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

I want to resist buying ti again but I dont think I can this game is just too good. Im gona platinum it again I can already foresee it.

Looks Good! If I had not played it on the ps3 - would have picked it up for the ps4 (when i eventually get one)

DD_Bwest said:
mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:

PSN account =/= PS+   

for the ps3 you didnt need to purchase plus, but if you wanted online features you have to sign up for the playstation network.   thats free, but as its an online service you need to sign up for it.   the same deal goes with the ps4.  if you want the online features you need to create a psn account, or use an already existing one.  you do not need to purchase plus.  (edit: to clarify, you get online services, not mp.  so netflix and all that junk doesnt need + )

all psn accounts are linked to a console,  when you go onto the psn website you can see the consoles activated you your account.  for me i see my ps3 and my ps4.   once it is activated you can only deactivate it on the console itself or by calling sony.  they can look at playstation network accounts that have never been associated with a ps3 that way.

(mods i left the 4th quote tree as the last part of my post refers to it, and i didnt want it to get lost.)

Same effect, not everyone takes their consoles online...

Around the Network
mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:

PSN account =/= PS+   

so it gives a rough estimation.  what evidence do you have that the % among the offline users would be significantly different?

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

BraLoD said:

I'm pretty sure it was 31% too the number os newcomers that were from Wii/360 or are just new to the market or from olders gens.

Since we are discussing this topic now... If I never had a PS3 and I get a PS4 and open 3 accounts for PSN (America, Japan and Europe) will I count 3 times for this %?

OT: I have never played this game and it does not call me, I think I might get it borrowed from a friend to finish it on my PS3, if I got some free time

DD_Bwest said:
mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:

PSN account =/= PS+   

so it gives a rough estimation.  what evidence do you have that the % among the offline users would be significantly different?

It's fine to call it a rough estimate rather than fact. But you can't get too defensive over a ball-park figure.

Likewise, what evidence do you have that the % among the offline users would not be significantly different? It may end up to be insignificant, but using the lack of evidence as proof that this is indeed the case is a fallacy.

Out of interest I had a quick look around for some other stats. There could be 30%+ "offline" gamers, which would be significant.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-02-72-percent-of-gamers-play-online-npd

mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:

It's fine to call it a rough estimate rather than fact. But you can't get too defensive over a ball-park figure.

Likewise, what evidence do you have that the % among the offline users would not be significantly different? It may end up to be insignificant, but using the lack of evidence as proof that this is indeed the case is a fallacy.

Out of interest I had a quick look around for some other stats. There could be 30%+ "offline" gamers, which would be significant.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-02-72-percent-of-gamers-play-online-npd

the reason we get defensive about it, is we have market research that points to that number and we can reference it,  compared to the other side that is just forum users flapping gums.  

DD_Bwest said:
mysteryman said:
DD_Bwest said:

the reason we get defensive about it, is we have market research that points to that number and we can reference it,  compared to the other side that is just forum users flapping gums.  

There's honestly not much of a difference.

Take market "research" with grain of salt. Especially when not performed by an objective third party.