By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of US PS4 vs PS3 Comparison Animated GIF Shows Vast Visual Improvement

Noone is bashing this game. It is one of ND's finest achievements. But with all the talk about redone graphics from the ground up, the comparisons look really similar, but with sharper graphics on PS4. I think it would have been smarter to release it a few years into the PS4's lifecycle, then the leap would have been larger.

Around the Network
BreedinBull said:
Raziel123 said:

Not really. It does look great. I don't expect people that are used to 720p and 792p to actually realize it though.

Ah yes, that actually explains it. They have already trained their eyes to accept those lower resolutions as the end all be all and now see anything different (even if higher) in a negative light.

Do these kind of comments really have to be? People are only saying that it doesnt look much better, no reason to start some kind of console wars here...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Its just a tiny bit better. I'll wait for the game to come out but all those people that said it looked so much better on the PS4 exaggerated way too much.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's clear that the remaster looks better, but it's the "vast visual improvement" part that many aren't seeing.  I have to agree; while I love the improved resolution, I'm not seeing vast visual improvements like more robust character models or tressfx-quality upgrades - based on these videos and gifs.  

The real comparison will come when I can see the actual game on a 1080p display in front of me.  And it's the 60fps that will impress me personally the most anyway.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It doesn't look that vast? All I see is 1080p being 1080p and maybe better lighting?

I hope someone will do a more in depth, side by side comparasion

No you don't. You see 360p being 360p.

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
BreedinBull said:
Raziel123 said:

Not really. It does look great. I don't expect people that are used to 720p and 792p to actually realize it though.

Ah yes, that actually explains it. They have already trained their eyes to accept those lower resolutions as the end all be all and now see anything different (even if higher) in a negative light.

Do these kind of comments really have to be? People are only saying that it doesnt look much better, no reason to start some kind of console wars here...

All I'm doing is stating my opinion on what could be a possible influence on the formation of these other "opinions" in this thread.

Thanks jlmurph!

Raziel123 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Wouldn't it look AMAZING to those people and underwhelming to the 1080p "gods" then?

No because you can't see 1080p below 60 inches. Or at least that's what your blind overlords say.

Lol you seem oddly offensive to the fact that people aren't praising everything that has to do with TLOU. Its like you're assuming 2 full fanbases cant see 1080p instead of realizing that for some reason 1080p is all you guys care about. Shame it doesn't mean much in this 1 year old remaster. Sorry 

BreedinBull said:
RealGamingExpert said:
BreedinBull said:

All I'm doing is stating my opinion on what could be a possible influence on the formation of these other "opinions" in this thread.

lol no, you're generalizing. Not "stating your opinion".

BreedinBull said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Well your opinion is quite offensive then, because what you basically say is 'they dont have a clue what 1080p looks like'.

What other people are saying is 'I dont see that big of a difference'

Do you see the difference? (no pun intended)

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

jlmurph2 said:

Lol you seem oddly offensive to the fact that people aren't praising everything that has to do with TLOU. Its like you're assuming 2 full fanbases cant see 1080p instead of realizing that for some reason 1080p is all you guys care about. Shame it doesn't mean much in this 1 year old remaster. Sorry 

That's what you're going with?

Sorry you can't play this. Sorry the PS4 is beating the Xbox One. Sorry TLOU:R is going to sell.