By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the 3DS has a better chance of hitting 100 milli then the PS4.

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
How many of these 3DS vs PS4 threads do we need?

Until December 2K14 I suppose.

The 3DS has an unfair advantage this year, but 2015 will be more fair since the 3DS is just getting games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate & Pokémon Z & Yo-Kai Watch 2 & King of Pirates 2 & Codename S.T.E.A.M. & Azure Gunvolt & etc., while the PS4 will get games like Uncharted last & etc., and a pricecut in Q4 2015.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kaizar said:

The PS4 has already dropped a lot in weekly sales with less then 1 year on the market,

*Recalls 3DS's first year*

But the 3DS got games and price cut and had futuristic 3D.

The PS4 won't get Uncharted 4 til 2015, and just has a touchpad, with NO price cut.

I have already seen a lot of pre-owned PS4s at GameStop retailers and GameStop website too.

3DS has Pokemon and SSB, those are the only big games, all the other ones you listed are not big system sellers.  I bet there was a lot of pre-owned 3DS's at Gamestop at the same point in its lifespan I don't know what point that makes.  I don't understand where your coming from, are you expecting the PS4's first year to be its peak year?  Also I think its safe to say the PS4 will have a longer lifespan than the 3DS.  

On top of that your complaining that Uncharted 4 won't come out til 2015, when Pokemon X and Y didn't come out for the 3DS until 2 years after it launched, its the exact same situation with Uncharted.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kaizar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

*Recalls 3DS's first year*

But the 3DS got games and price cut and had futuristic 3D.

The PS4 won't get Uncharted 4 til 2015, and just has a touchpad, with NO price cut.

I have already seen a lot of pre-owned PS4s at GameStop retailers and GameStop website too.

3DS has Pokemon and SSB, those are the only big games, all the other ones you listed are not big system sellers.  I bet there was a lot of pre-owned 3DS's at Gamestop at the same point in its lifespan I don't know what point that makes.  I don't understand where your coming from, are you expecting the PS4's first year to be its peak year?  Also I think its safe to say the PS4 will have a longer lifespan than the 3DS.  

On top of that your complaining that Uncharted 4 won't come out til 2015, when Pokemon X and Y didn't come out for the 3DS until 2 years after it launched, its the exact same situation with Uncharted.

Don't underestimate "King of Pirates". That game will sell like Skylander's but as a 3DS exclusive. And Persona Q will sell some too. Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright will get a lot of gamers who have been holding back from buying a 3DS. Pokémon AS & OR will sell some systems as well.

The price cut during the same Holiday will bring everything full circle.

Monster Hunter 4 in January 2015 will boost 3DS sells during November & December this year.

It's a bit too early to make a call with the PS4 as it still has 6 more months left to assess it's future. As for the 3DS though it will end up capping out at 60 million so it's got no chance at ever hitting 100 million.

while we are at at, i believe the wii u will outsell the ps4 in a single week during the holiday.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Don't underestimate "King of Pirates". That game will sell like Skylander's but as a 3DS exclusive. And Persona Q will sell some too. Professor Layton VS. Phoenix Wright will get a lot of gamers who have been holding back from buying a 3DS. Pokémon AS & OR will sell some systems as well.

Monster Hunter 4 in January 2015 will boost 3DS sells during November & December this year.

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and even I have never heard of King of Pirates, don't expect it to do anything amazing for the 3DS.  The highest viewed video of it on youtube I could find was 57k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQd1nI33lKg

Your basically grasping at any game releasing will sell systems, I could list tons of third party PS4 games and say they're all gonna sell consoles.  Monster Hunter is niche outside of Japan, it will do very little.  Go look up the sales of Monster Hunter outside of Japan. 

This thread seems like more wishful thinking than any real facts to back up what your saying. 

fatslob-:O said:
It's a bit too early to make a call with the PS4 as it still has 6 more months left to assess it's future. As for the 3DS though it will end up capping out at 60 million so it's got no chance at ever hitting 100 million.

The DS was always selling at $129 while the 3DS has been at $170. So I'm curious to see the 3DS with a price cut plus a lot more wanted titles getting release around its price cut.

3 years at $170 and I see why you would think 60 million, if the price would stay the same. But take into account when it finally hits somewhere from $129 to $99 this Q4, as well as 3DS XL hitting $149 this Q4.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kaizar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and even I have never heard of King of Pirates, don't expect it to do anything amazing for the 3DS.  The highest viewed video of it on youtube I could find was 57k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQd1nI33lKg

Your basically grasping at any game releasing will sell systems, I could list tons of third party PS4 games and say they're all gonna sell consoles.  Monster Hunter is niche outside of Japan, it will do very little.  Go look up the sales of Monster Hunter outside of Japan. 

This thread seems like more wishful thinking than any real facts to back up what your saying. 

It's a trilogy (King of Pirates), and it will have at least as much advertising & branding & marketing as Skylander's around its release (withing 15 to 45 days before release). Plus all the toys & plush dolls of the game that will be for sell, that will further boost sells of the game. And it's a 3DS exclusive bring in several million more gamers to buy a 3DS. And it's a global release this year.

EDIT:

Monster Hunter 4 will clearly sell around 1 million 3DS in America alone.

BraLoD said:
Nothing to see here.

Says the user with the Fire Emblem 3-D (Fire Emblem: Awakening) profile pic, LOL.

Kaizar said:

The DS was always selling at $129 while the 3DS has been at $170. So I'm curious to see the 3DS with a price cut plus a lot more wanted titles getting release around its price cut.

3 years at $170 and I see why you would think 60 million, if the price would stay the same. But take into account when it finally hits somewhere from $129 to $99 this Q4, as well as 3DS XL hitting $149 this Q4.

The price isn't an issue anymore ... Nintendo initially screwed up with their pricing which hurt them in the long run much like what Sony did with their PS3. What in gods name was Nintendo thinking by putting a $250 price tag on their handheld ? 

What the 3DS needs most are compelling software and Nintendo has run out of that ammunition to be able to sustain the 3DS's legs. 

Tell me what ace up in their sleeve does Nintendo have ...