By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Tropical Freeze sell so bad?

Fairly minimal marketing, and there are a lot of platformers for the Wii U as is...

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Around the Network

It didnt start out extremely strong but I think it can leg it out to 2 million+ lifetime.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
It didnt start out extremely strong but I think it can leg it out to 2 million+ lifetime.

Me to

Even Mario is not doing so hot on WiiU, what did you expected?

Cause it was a platformer in a sea of platformers, it didn't matter how great of a game it is, it didn't really matter... Its like eating Chocolate after finishing a Chocolate Cake, you just dont care enough even if the Chocolate is good

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:

Why do you say that?

Considering Mario Kart sold 2m in one month on an install of 6.5m thats pretty good to me..

Also the fact the mk is the 3rd best selling game this year, soon to be 2nd

Ask Ninty.

ExplodingBlock said:
leyendax69 said:

Why do you say that?

Considering Mario Kart so 2m in one month on an install of 6.5m thats pretty good to me..

Also the fact the mk is the 3rd best selling game this year, soon to be 2nd

I'm talking about mario 3d world. I'm not quite sure, but even if mk8 numbers are great they seem far low compared to previous games. Anyway, DKC was expected to do poorly, wii u has a really low userbase and like many people said before, there are just too many platformers, Those are the reasons why sells bad... but I guess its ok if the game profited.

It looks like a great game and I will definitely buy it when I get a Wii U, but I'm not doing that until a Wii U Zelda title has been published for the console.

On a next-gen HD Nintendo console, a sequel to a 2D platformer is really underwhelming.

I loved the hell out of DKCR on 3DS, but getting the sequel is just not a priority, especially not at that price. I'd pay $30 max.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9