By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one videogame genre that you never get into.(Poll inside!)

I never understood the brilliance of..

Rpgs 33 6.37%

Racing games 32 6.18%

Action games 1 0.19%

Platform 10 1.93%

Fighting 42 8.11%

Sport 128 24.71%

Tactical-Strategy 46 8.88%

Rythm-Music 77 14.86%

Fps 109 21.04%

Other 40 7.72%

Total:518
nicktwilight said:
Scisca said:

When talking about moveset I meant other games. Smash is simple and yes, I've played mp. It's an ok, funny game to play with friends on the coach, but I'm happy I've only paid 15 Euro for it.

It has a huge amount of content and unlockables so I'm sure that it's worth much more than that.I'm not that much into fighters too but I loved this one.What other fighting series have you tried?

Apart from SSBB I've tried MK on Vita and Tekken 5 on PS2 (this one was also kinda ok, but I could never go over 3-4 button combos).

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Racing games, mostly because I suck at them, though I still like fighting games despite sucking at them as well. Worst part of sandbox games are the inevitable races that I have to trudge through.

dyremose said:
nicktwilight said:
KLXVER said:
Probably RTS, TBS and TRPGs. I just get depressed when I watch footage of them...

Yes i find them difficult for my eyes too.It's hard to see so many people are addicted to them.

Personally RTS is my favourite genre and i think its because of the large scale combat combined with an increased sense of accomplishment once you win cause by longer matches than most titles.  Ill agree that it isnt really friendly for newcomers to the genre but once your in you get hooked.  Oddly enough i really dont like mobas even though they share some similarities.  I guess it is because that only revolves around micromanagement on a single character.  You guys should definitely try out one of the company of heroes games.  It has the classic elements of base building and the rock paper scissors strength weaknesses,   but also has fresh mechanics of units not always hitting the target, amd destructible envieroments which creates dynamic cover.  This creates matches where luck also comes into play.  To top it off they both have excellent campaigns and the first one is pretty cheap on steam by now. Next up move on to the total war franchise.  It has a world map where you control an entire nation with everything from diplomacy to taxes to millitary research.  It might seem overwhelming but they are surprisingly streamlined for what it offers.  The best part is that once you enter battle you can play with litterally over 10.000 troops at a time..  Lastly aftwr you are aquainted with both of these you should try out hearts of iron 3. Consider it a very deep ww2 simulator where you can control any country in the world from 1936 till 1948 in an attempt to change history. In this game you need to manage pretty much every facet a leader would have to manage.  Infrastructure, production,  trade,  politics,  diplomacy,  spies, supply networks,  population happiness and their support to continue the war and so much more.  All the while the war progresses. Will you control japan and finally be able to conquer china?  Play as finland to repel the soviet winter invasion?   go for world domination as the germans? Perhaps youll play as the british and help france put down germany as soon as they began mobilizing for war to make a quick end to it.  Maybe you will invade the US as germany once you managed to make all of europe bow down before you..  What makes this great is the ability to change history

I heard that company of heroes is a very visually impressive game too.Is the sequel any good?I remember playing age of empires 2 all that time ago and it was pretty memorable.I'm more into action than caring about raising up troops or buildings and gathering resources though so maybe that's why I can't follow this genre.Are resources and preperation fast on this one?

Every Genre I've played has an a game that I like in it.

Rpgs - Probably my favorite Genre, Kingdom Hearts

Racing games - Sega GT

Action games - JSRF

Platform - Kirby

Fighting 25 Smash Bros Melee

Sport - NBA Street 3

Tactical-Strategy  Plague, Inc

Rythm-Music DDR

Fps-COD

MMO FFXIV ARR

Sim - Sims 3, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing{#1 in this genre}

Arcade-Super Hexagon

Name a genre and I'll tell you a game I like in it, I'll admit I'm lacking in text based games or point and click games.

Other

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Racing games - Sega GT

Action games - JSRF

Platform - Kirby

Sport - NBA Street 3

Rythm-Music DDR

Fps-COD

MMO FFXIV ARR

Arcade-Super Hexagon

Name a genre and I'll tell you a game I like in it, I'll admit I'm lacking in text based games or point and click games.

Other

There are also the mini game compilations and dating sims.

Around the Network
nicktwilight said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Racing games - Sega GT

Action games - JSRF

Platform - Kirby

Sport - NBA Street 3

Rythm-Music DDR

Fps-COD

MMO FFXIV ARR

Arcade-Super Hexagon

Other

Warioland and Persona 3/Stein's Gate.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
nicktwilight said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Racing games - Sega GT

Action games - JSRF

Platform - Kirby

Sport - NBA Street 3

Rythm-Music DDR

Fps-COD

MMO FFXIV ARR

Arcade-Super Hexagon

Other

Warioland and Persona 3/Stein's Gate.

Nice to see someone enjoying the wider variety of videogames.Myself I'm not that much into tactical rpgs and mmo games.Maybe I didn't gave them time to grow on me.

Rhythm-Music

First Person Shooters for me. I have played a few fps games, but I can never play them longer then 30min at a time. Since it makes me feel sick in the stomache.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Racing games - Sega GT

Action games - JSRF

Platform - Kirby

Sport - NBA Street 3

Rythm-Music DDR

Fps-COD

MMO FFXIV ARR

Arcade-Super Hexagon

Other

Let's see.. What about SHMUPs, rail shooters and puzzle games?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---