By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The one videogame genre that you never get into.(Poll inside!)

I never understood the brilliance of..

Rpgs 33 6.37%

Racing games 32 6.18%

Action games 1 0.19%

Platform 10 1.93%

Fighting 42 8.11%

Sport 128 24.71%

Tactical-Strategy 46 8.88%

Rythm-Music 77 14.86%

Fps 109 21.04%

Other 40 7.72%

Total:518

Yes rythm games were all over the place a few years ago but now people love to hate them.I guess that there's a certain amount of plastic people can buy before thinking ways to get rid of it.

Around the Network

Stealth. Fuck stealth.

I'm not big into racing and puzzle games. mainly because I find most of the boring and I suck at most of them.

Fighting. I have tried, just can't get what these games are about and how to get better at them. I don't understand the pace in which you should be pressing the buttons. I think I'd need to have someone explain to me how to play these games, cause I can't figure them out.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Fighting. I have tried, just can't get what these games are about and how to get better at them. I don't understand the pace in which you should be pressing the buttons. I think I'd need to have someone explain to me how to play these games, cause I can't figure them out.

They demand a lot of time and devotion to get the hang of their mechanics for sure.Maybe you could try a simpler one first like the Smash bros series.With some friends I'm sure you will love it.Fighting games in general are always better enjoyed with friends.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Surprised to see so many that dont like rhythm games.

Guitar Hero
Rock Band
Parappa The Rapper
Rhythm Heaven
Gitaroo Man
Elite Beat Agents

Nothing?

I tried Guitar Hero once in my life thanks to my asshole friends and then I never looked back....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

FPS! Shoot shoot, bang bang, boom boom. The end. Where are the colours!!!!

nicktwilight said:
Scisca said:

They demand a lot of time and devotion to get the hang of their mechanics for sure.Maybe you could try a simpler one first like the Smash bros series.With some friends I'm sure you will love it.Fighting games in general are always better enjoyed with friends.

I have SSBB and it's quite ok, probably my favourite fighter, but I am sure I won't buy the next Smash. I didn't like it that much to spend more money into it. I really think I'd need someone to spend some time explaining to me the whole pacing, etc. I just don't find pressing random buttons any fun, but can't really get above the level of some simple 3-4 button combos.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Third Person Shooters
I am already horrible at FPS's

I find puzzlers and pure adventure games (i.e. classic Lucasarts games, Telltale games...) INCREDIBLY boring.

Seeing as I love the movies, I've tried Back to the Future and dropped it... I've bought The Walking Dead from a sale years ago, and still didn't play it... the closest thing to the genre I've ever enjoyed was L.A. Noire, so yeah.

As for puzzlers, blargh. The closest thing I've enjoyed were the two Portal games.