By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Scottish Independence vote - Yes or No?

Are you voting for Scottish independence?

Yes 288 51.15%

No 275 48.85%

Total:563
Raze said:
gergroy said:

you aren't a very good historian if you think we would still be owning slaves if we didn't have the revolutionary war... the british outlawed slaverly long before we did...

Also, hard to call the people oppressed in northern ireland if they are the ones that want to remain a part of the uk...

see prior post, it seems my correlations weren't clear, cleared them up in prior post.

ok... so your correlations were just terrible then?  You are implying that the south were the oppressors in the civil war?  I guess they were oppressing their slaves, but it was the north that was imposing their will on the south.  The south was just trying to aquire the freedom to make their own choices.  

If anything, your example proves that northern Ireland should remain as part of the UK...

Around the Network
Raze said:

LOL what? That's not what Im saying at all.

Let's simplify: You buy a house with a yard from my buddy, who happens to be high up in authority. I decide I want to use a part of your yard for me to build a vacation home on, without paying you anything for it. You protest, because you want all of the property you have fair right to. I tell my buddy I'll let him use my vacation home if he lets me keep it. He sides with me, and you're stuck protesting, but no one is listening.  Sure, I'm in the wrong, but if the powers that be give in to my wishes, I get away with it.

What are you talking about....?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

MikeRox said:
So Raze, you agree that the US should be returned to the Native Americans?

Fair do's then :)

Yup, just as Australia should belong to the aboriginies, etc.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
MikeRox said:

Oh I get what you are trying to say now. If the US hadn't become independent, there would still be slavery in the US.

Still not sure if serious tbh. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Let's simplify: You buy a house with a yard from my buddy, who happens to be high up in authority. I decide I want to use a part of your yard for me to build a vacation home on, without paying you anything for it. You protest, because you want all of the property you have fair right to. I tell my buddy I'll let him use my vacation home if he lets me keep it. He sides with me, and you're stuck protesting, but no one is listening.  Sure, I'm in the wrong, but if the powers that be give in to my wishes, I get away with it.

so, in applying this to northern Ireland... powers that be would be the people of northern Ireland, and the protestor would be the rest of ireland?

I'm not Scottish, but I'd do everything to keep Poland independent and would never accept anything less.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Raze said:
MikeRox said:
Raze said:

Not at all, I'm not sure if you're comprehending my prior response.

Oh I get what you are trying to say now. If the US hadn't become independent, there would still be slavery in the US.

Still not sure if serious tbh. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

So yeah, you do believe that the US should be returned to the Native Americans. Or is that the one part of history you believe should be irrevocable whilst stating that the rest of history should be reversed?

Glass houses.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Raze said:
MikeRox said:

So somebody born in a country should not live there because their ancestors were of a different descent? How would you propose that such a thing is resolved?

MikeRox said:
Raze said:
MikeRox said:

So somebody born in a country should not live there because their ancestors were of a different descent? How would you propose that such a thing is resolved?

Everything should be returned to the Neanderthals... perhaps the Dinosaurs... 

Yeah it's a pretty stupid concept if you think about it for more than a few ms.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
MikeRox said:
Raze said:
MikeRox said:

Everything should be returned to the Neanderthals... perhaps the Dinosaurs... 

Yeah it's a pretty stupid concept if you think about it for more than a few ms.

Or the single celled organisms from pre-prehistoric I guess.

Scisca said:
I'm not Scottish, but I'd do everything to keep Poland independent and would never accept anything less.

Then again, there is a clear difference in keeping and becoming.

Not that I care. It would probably be wise for them to stay in the union,  but I'm not involved so I can't say for sure.