By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATE Project Cars fanpage: “If People Want a Race Sim on Wii U They will Buy it, Even in One More Year”

Distasteful, if we didn't have these stupid console wars and gamers actually stuck up for each other, then they wouldn't be able get away with this.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It's true. There isn't any other racing sim releasing on Wii U so if they really want it an extra wait shouldn't bother them.

The wait doesnt bother them. The way they are being treated are...

Could always be worse. They could be not getting the game at all.

Nice to see you taking the developers side on this.

I'm taking their side too. They've been developing this game since well before the Wii U launched and watched it struggle from the get-go, knowing full well their game is probably going to flop like many of the other third party releases on Wii U. Yet, they've remained firm in keeping it coming. This game has been in development longer than any confirmed title, yet it's never been a question of whether it will be canceled, and up until now, Slightly Mad has had nothing but positive things to say regarding it the Wii U and their port for the console.

You can't blame them for securing funding from a major publisher, either. They're essentially an indy studio releasing a big-budget game that will be competing with the likes of Drive Club, Forza and Gran Turismo on most consoles, and fighting just to be relevant to the audience of another. That's an uphill battle on every front.

To anyone who planned to get the game for Wii U, shut the hell up and wait a few months; it's not going to kill you. If the last few months are anything like the first two years, then I can promise you that you will still be getting one hell of a game, or at least a game on par with other consoles. There will be plenty to play in the meantime.

By the way, I never planned on gettng Project CARS. I've never been a fan of realistic racing sims. But if I was, this news wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Busted said:

“Our devs just need more time to adapt a WiiU version… PS4 and XBoxOne are closer to the PC version.”

“If people want a sim race on WiiU, they’ll buy it, even in one more year… If they prefer Mario
Kart…”

Honest Translation:

''We actually don't care about the Wii U version, it was a mistake to let it live after we moved the 360 and PS3 version onto 8th gen but we did too much on Wii U to just let it waste so if we have some spare time after everything is done we'll get back to that''

''We have no competition on Wii U so if you want a race sim you're forced to buy our game, no matter whenever the f we decide to launch it lol, or just stick to your arcade racing, whatever, we don't care''

That's about right. Given the Nintendo audience isn't known for devotion to sim racers SMS is almost certainly relying on the other platforms for profitability. And that would be true even if the Wii U version released on the same day aas the others. So Wii U will sell 200K instead of a likely 500K, no big deal really as long as the game is good enough to sell 3 million across PS4bonePC.

Remains to be seen whether Project Cars can compete with the Xb one and PS4 exclusive offerings. At least Project Cars is not going head to head with GT on PS4, so there's a chance people will go for that over Drive Club.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

They'll buy it no matter what so who cares right? Nice.

burninmylight said:

I'm taking their side too. They've been developing this game since well before the Wii U launched and watched it struggle from the get-go, knowing full well their game is probably going to flop like many of the other third party releases on Wii U. Yet, they've remained firm in keeping it coming. This game has been in development longer than any confirmed title, yet it's never been a question of whether it will be canceled, and up until now, Slightly Mad has had nothing but positive things to say regarding it the Wii U and their port for the console.

You can't blame them for securing funding from a major publisher, either. They're essentially an indy studio releasing a big-budget game that will be competing with the likes of Drive Club, Forza and Gran Turismo on most consoles, and fighting just to be relevant to the audience of another. That's an uphill battle on every front.

To anyone who planned to get the game for Wii U, shut the hell up and wait a few months; it's not going to kill you. If the last few months are anything like the first two years, then I can promise you that you will still be getting one hell of a game, or at least a game on par with other consoles. There will be plenty to play in the meantime.

By the way, I never planned on gettng Project CARS. I've never been a fan of realistic racing sims. But if I was, this news wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Tell that to the WiiU owners who helped fund this game. Im sure they will understand...

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
KLXVER said:

Nice to see you taking the developers side on this.

The issue isn't whether its true or false.

This is a matter of tact. Blantant insult of your consumers is never warranted regadless of the circumstances.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Dw... Just like every other third party, we wont be buying this one either and I am sure that most of the people that wanted Project Cars on the wiiU is probably not gonna bother at all anymore

Yeah, I never buy third-party games on my Wii U anymore, since most I can get better on PC. The first party games on the other hand are just amazing, and make me so happy I have a Wii U. I don't blame the devs for taking longer with the Wii U version since the architecture is vastly different, but they were pretty dickish here.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Thats some Slightly Bad PR right there.... >.>

Errr, anyways, while it always sucks to get a game you are looking forward to delayed (and doubly so if the one console you are planning on getting it on is the only one delayed), the real issue is that this game was crowdfunded. To all the Wii U fans who helped fund this game in the first place (and it has been stated before that Wii U fans are strong supports of crowdfunding campaigns), it seems like SMS just took their money and then gave them the shaft. Then to turn around and be rude about it instead of being apologetic doesn't sit right with me...

Well i know I'm not getting it now. From the moment this was announced I was buying this on WiiU because my PS4 would have GT. Guess I will just stick to Kart racers on the U then.

Also this game is fucked anyway. It can't compete with 2 exclusive racers this holiday in Forza and Driveclub. Pc and WiiU was all it really had. Now it's just got Pc going for it, I think it won't even break 1mil physical