By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Content Model for Nintendo

sc94597 said:
phaedruss said:
Mnementh said:
Well, it obviously works for Mario Kart. Adding new tracks over time would be great. It doesn't work for Zelda in my opinion. Zelda has a story arc that is completed after the main game. What will you add? After you saved the world you will help out this village with a haunted house or something? Everything after the main adventure would seem lame.
Metroid might work. Samus is a bounty huner, additional content might contain smaller bounty hunting episodes between the main adventures.

There could be any number of things for Zelda. Extra dungeons that expands on the lore of the time period in Zelda history that it takes place. Side stories like of Zelda or impacts or anyone really. There are a ton of possibilities.

I wouldn't mind some of the challenge dungeons like cave of ordeals, but I'd rather have two full-fledged Zelda games than one Zelda game with dlc. 

You get a Zelda game every 5 years or so.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Are you thinking regualarly release content updates over the life of the console with paid for DLC? If so good idea.

Or are you thinking they should constantly release extra content for their games for free? If so stop trying to bankrupt Nintendo

The first one, although I could see a subscription service where you get free DLC for some titles or a select number of titles.

phaedruss said:

Not really. There are Zelda games on their handhelds as well...

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Those don't count.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Those don't count.

Why not?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

Those don't count.

Why not?

Well, I think an upcoming console Zelda is much more impactful and significant than the handheld titles. They're also smaller shorter games as well. I think they're pretty different. Also, with the upcoming changes at Nintendo it seems like the handheld Zelda and console zelda will be the same. This does open them up to being able to make more Zeldas, but I think they would be better off working on new IPs with that extra time.

I would absolutely NOT want Nintendo to pull a TellTale Games.

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

TheEighthByte said:

I would absolutely NOT want Nintendo to pull a TellTale Games.

Lol read it again. I said nothing about episodes.

RolStoppable said:
I don't want incomplete games and I don't want tacked-on content either.

The other and more significant problem with the suggested approach is that Nintendo is a console manufacturer. First party software has to drive hardware momentum. Adding more content to existing games is missing the point and thus a waste of time and money.

No actually they are a content, or software developer, provider first and foremost. They make their hardware yes, but they need the software to support it. Who said anything about incomplete games?

Adding more content to existing games does not miss the point at all, what is wrong with you?

OP why do you always want your "interesting" ideas for Nintendo, one of the most traditional companies. There are others out there that are happy to do this and brag about it even when they seem silly doing it.

Evolve is good example of this. Full price game with tons of dlc to follow and not a shred of self awareness of why it seems silly. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186673&page=1