By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VizionEck Gameplay!

Burek said:
This video keeps crashing my Youtube app. And only this video. 7 times in a row, with all others working fine.
An omen of sorts?

Dooooooooooooooooom

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

The video starts off with the beginning of a match in VizionEck. You/the camera/the player rise out of the floor, along with 23 other cubes. Once the countdown ends, you can move and start fighting.

Beforehand you can only look around.

So first thing you notice is a moving blue dot on the wall. This is essentially like a red dot from a sniper rifle. The blue dot "turns on" when a player selects their blue charge block. So this means someone in the room has selected the blue weapon and is pointing it to the left. Blue dots are special in that they go through cubes. So think of it like an xray gun.

Then we see a red cube start expanding. This means that the cube below that red cube must be a player. (This is a good point to note that outside of the blue dot, it's impossible to see which direction a player is pointing their camera/looking.) It's safe to assume however that the "red player" was looking to the right and didn't see the blue dot behind him.

So the red player starts charging up their attack.

The blue player sees this and charges his own blue attack. Since blue attacks charge faster than red attacks, he can fire first.

This shot is sent from the blue dot, not the blue players camera. It's basically a reverse bullet. If the player misses, the shot flies back and hits him doing self-damage.

His first shot hits the red cube, not the red player himself. This damaged the red cube, making it darker. The red player keeps charging, hoping they'll have time to attack.

The blue player however finishes charging a second attack first. This second shot is enough to destroy the already damaged red cube. Upon being destroyed, the red cube explodes like a bomb. Basically the red weapon is a RPG. If you destroy the RPG before it's fired, it's going to expload above the player.

This makes the large red blast and kills the red player, creating a power-up. These yellow objects are similar to DOG tags in COD or cards in Killzone Mercenary. For simplicities sake, you want to collect them. Let's just leave it at that. The blue player however doesn't want it, so you see him move to the left and drop down. This is a down jump, counteracting the game's floaty physics.

With him gone and the room seeming safe, the cameraman/main player jumps over to collect the power-up. He then goes after the blue player to get that kill.

The cameraman decides to charge a green cube. This is like an SMB or other automated weapon. When he sees the blue player, he starts shooting. He hits the blue charge block instead of the player himself. Doesn't matter, since the blue block upon being destroyed shoots a small blue blast (you can see it) down into the bottom cube killing that player.

The cameraman then jumps and moves to a new area of the map.

He sees a cube that's trying to blend in (doing a pretty bad job lol). Since this cube is just one cube and doesn't have a weapon charged, he knows he can take it safe and move around to the better angle.

He then shoots the player with a white blast. This is the shotgun like weapon.

The cameraman collects the power-up and starts figuring out his next move. He goes over against the piller in order to use it as a shield. He waits a bit for enemies to show up but instead one of them see him first. The enemy shoots their red weapon/rocket and destroy the cameraman/main player. This blast slowly fades away as we see two other players run past.

Then the video does a quick reverse and goes back to the beginning. It restarts the exact same match, but now it's showing all player perspectives.

Is that good? Let me know what parts where confusing. I literally just whipped this up so I also apologize for any spelling or grammar errors.

so simple and obvious...

...listen, i'm that last guy that want to dismiss an indie on this forum but think you're going to have a hard time finding an audience.   maybe it plays more intuitively than it looks in a video but the concept seems to high concept to attract many people.

JoeTheBro said:
eFKac said:
^^Thanks.

Also thanks for the explanation, the game looks interesting with potential but is indeed confusing after just looking at it.
Do you plan on releasing a demo?

The desire is to do an open beta. We'll see if that's possible or not.

gergroy said:
I kind of wanted to support joethebro on this, but that looks really bad. Sorry joe...

Looks as in visual or in gameplay?

Gameplay, visuals arent bad, very unique.

Yeah it keeps crashing my YouTube app. Watched it on my PC. Shouldn't a trailer actually explain what the game is about? I know im not the only confused person after watching it. And if it takes an essay to explain it seems like you should just be talking over it instead. Congrats though.

I felt like I was taking an exam without studying lol seriously though, I don't think I've ever been that confused by a gameplay trailer....

Around the Network

$20 seems a bit steep.

Hopefully you have a demo and/or open beta though as I would like to try it out.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I'm gonna be honest with you. That's a really, really bad gameplay video. If you watch it without knowing beforehand how the game works all you see is random shapes appearing for random reasons. It's really hard to tell if this is a game at all or if it's just some guy trying out the stuff he learnt from the first ten or so OpenGL tutorials...

It's cool that you're trying to make something unique but remember that the effort required to explain the game rises greatly the further away you get from the more familiar gameplay formula.

I apperciate that it's something different,but it's way 2 different. I had 2 read someone's explanation in this thread,2 even understand what the trailer was all about. If people can't even understand the point of the game,then there not even going to bother with it. coming out with a demo and a better trailer would be a very smart move with this game.

I didn't understand anything happening in the video. Sorry Joe! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Looks too complex for its own good. Maybe it's the type of game you need to play to understand.