By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

ryuzaki57 said:
mii-gamer said:
ryuzaki57 said:

1. What? Look at the preorder chart, Nintendo exclusives are behind most Xbone multiplats

2. Definitely not given the barren 3DS line-up. And PS4 is 4 times as expensive as 3DS, so it would need to outsell it 4:1 to "beat" it

Youkai Watch 2, Monster Hunter 4, Final Fantasy Explorers, Dragon Quest X, Fantasy Life, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, Harvest Moon, Persona Q Super Smash bros and Pokemon OR AS - Barren Line-up my ass. @bold - I don't understand the logic behind the comment. Outselling = "beat it", ratio's mean nothing

You mentioned 4 games for Japan, 4 games for the west (actually not 'cause Layton vs Wright is just for US) and 2 games for both regions. That makes 6 games for each territory, which makes only 1 game per month, which is barren : even Vita or Xbone have more than that.

The logic is simple : you can't say that an investment of 4€ is equal to an investment of 1€. If the consumer paid 4€ rather than 1€, that means the product is seen as more valuable.

1. There are more game obviously,  but these are the bigger titles, many with some serious hardware selling power. I could mention skylanders, disney infinite, sonic boom, theatryhtm curtain call, lego baman 2, tenkai nights. Regardless of their region, the 3DS has systems seller that is FACT - you can't spin it buddy

2. How does that apply to the point that the 3DS will outsell the ps4 during the second half of the year? It's not hard to understand - I believe the 3DS will outsell the ps4. There is always the chance I could be wrong, but i stand by what i say.  

You are going on a tangent here - i still don't understand how this is relevant

Around the Network
bluemd said:
My 2 cents: xbone overtracked in us the last three weeks. Otherwise on amazon the xbone wouldn't have been so low in bestsellers chart all these weeks and this also would explain the 75$ offer for Xbox 360 customers.

-__- apparently Amazon = every retailer in the North America now.

Current :

PS4 10th
XB1 55th ($399 edition)
WiiU 64th
XB1 Kinect (not in the top 100)

And this has literally been the same old story after roughly 48 hours of the $399 sku being available.

Nintendo has to be a bit happy with Wii U sales right now. And it seems like 4 weeks after Kinectless Xb one may have stabilised notably above pre-Kinectless. So MS also has to be a bit happy that their Kinectless gambit has improved things somewhat. PS4 holding up OK.

Sniper Elite off to a meh start.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

NobleTeam360 said:
bluemd said:
My 2 cents: xbone overtracked in us the last three weeks. Otherwise on amazon the xbone wouldn't have been so low in bestsellers chart all these weeks and this also would explain the 75$ offer for Xbox 360 customers.

-__- apparently Amazon = every retailer in the North America now.

It's not just Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop charts also have shown XB1 to be WELL behind PS4 on their charts aside from the ~2 day boost on $399 launch.

That's just icing on the cake though, Amazon charts have accurately predicted PS4 v XB1 gap every month this year. 100% accuracy.

How often this year has VGC overtracked XB1?

A SHITTON, that's how often. So often that it would be FAR more amazing if XB1 WASN'T overtracked.

Sorry if that seemed hostile, I don't mean it that way in the least. But yeah, Amazon charts have shown to be an order of magnitude more accurate in relation to XB1 sales than VGC has for 2014.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
celador said:
sales2099 said:

X1 being 35 k being PS4 isn't as bad a gap, especially since we have yet to see X1's real baseline until September.

It's pretty bad given what it has taken to get there

Nah, it isn't. Better then those 50K + gap weeks.

Official price cuts, bundles giving away your best game, breaking a promise made time and time again for a year.  All that just to become competitive is pretty bad

celador said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:
sales2099 said:

X1 being 35 k being PS4 isn't as bad a gap, especially since we have yet to see X1's real baseline until September.

It's pretty bad given what it has taken to get there

Nah, it isn't. Better then those 50K + gap weeks.

Official price cuts, bundles giving away your best game, breaking a promise made time and time again for a year.  All that just to become competitive is pretty bad

agree 

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
celador said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:

agree 

AND it's overtracked, lol.

Arkaign said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
celador said:
sales2099 said:
celador said:

agree 

AND it's overtracked, lol.

we wont know that until npd XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Arkaign said:

It's not just Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop charts also have shown XB1 to be WELL behind PS4 on their charts aside from the ~2 day boost on $399 launch.

That's just icing on the cake though, Amazon charts have accurately predicted PS4 v XB1 gap every month this year. 100% accuracy.

How often this year has VGC overtracked XB1?

A SHITTON, that's how often. So often that it would be FAR more amazing if XB1 WASN'T overtracked.

Sorry if that seemed hostile, I don't mean it that way in the least. But yeah, Amazon charts have shown to be an order of magnitude more accurate in relation to XB1 sales than VGC has for 2014.

I mean it's not like I'm disputing the fact that PS4 is selling a lot better than the XBO, that much has been clear for 7 months now.  Nor am I disputing the fact that VGChartz has overtracked the Xbox One. Going solely on Amazon though still makes no sense, I'll just continue to wait for NPD.