By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U version of Project Cars out in 2015

OriginalGod said:

Shovleware was all that would work on wii,

Provably false.

A few devs like Sega and Treyarch who didn't totally fumble their chances were able to make plenty of money on non-shovelware Wii games.

Even Capcom managed to sell over 2 million copies of Monster Hunter Tri, an incredibly hardcore game.

But hey, keep spewing stereotypes without checking the facts first...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:

Shovleware was all that would work on wii,

Provably false.

A few devs like Sega and Treyarch who didn't totally fumble their chances were able to make plenty of money on non-shovelware Wii games.

Even Capcom managed to sell over 2 million copies of Monster Hunter Tri, an incredibly hardcore game.

But hey, keep spewing stereotypes without checking the facts first...

A couple games out of thousands, thanks for proving my point. Nintendo dug this hole.

curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Because it made business sense to spend time optimising for consoles which have sold 80m. It doesnt make sense to hold back other versions to optimise a game for an old console which has sold just 8m.

The truth is even if it was fully optimised and launched on day 1, it still wouldnt sell 10%.

I understand people are passionate about having third party games on the same day as other consoles, but they should stop acting like they should be taking a hit to please certain groups.

If Wii U was PS4/Xbone spec, devs would still give it the short end of the stick because they expect games on it to flop, and in doing so, they cause the flop themselves. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thats bullshit and you know it. If wii U had a spec similar to PS4 and X1 it would get a straight port in half the time.

The consequences of not optimising it might be that it runs at 720p or 900p (like the xbox one, or PS3 last gen), but it would still be released on the same day.

Just because nintendo have a platform, they cant expect everyone to run towards them, they have to play a role in bringing the games. Sony faced that same battle with the PS3 it succeeded, they face the same battle with vita but dont want to do anything about it so its failing.

You really underestimate the role of a platform holder for third party games.

fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Because it made business sense to spend time optimising for consoles which have sold 80m. It doesnt make sense to hold back other versions to optimise a game for an old console which has sold just 8m.

The truth is even if it was fully optimised and launched on day 1, it still wouldnt sell 10%.

I understand people are passionate about having third party games on the same day as other consoles, but they should stop acting like they should be taking a hit to please certain groups.

If Wii U was PS4/Xbone spec, devs would still give it the short end of the stick because they expect games on it to flop, and in doing so, they cause the flop themselves. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thats bullshit and you know it. If wii U had a spec similar to PS4 and X1 it would get a straight port in half the time.

Wii U is above PS3/360 spec but was shortchanged in ports.

Gamecube was above PS2 spec but was shortchanged in ports.

A PS4/X1 spec Wii U would be no different.

OriginalGod said:

A couple games out of thousands, thanks for proving my point. Nintendo dug this hole.

The couple were the only ones that tried, and they succeeded. The hole was dug for the other third parties by themselves.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:

The couple were the only ones that tried, and they succeeded. The hole was dug for the other third parties by themselves.

How? They are doing fine on PS and xbox...Nintendo are the ones suffering, and it's there fault.

curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Wii U is above PS3/360 spec but was shortchanged in ports.

Gamecube was above PS2 spec but was shortchanged in ports.

A PS4/X1 spec Wii U would be no different.

Thats why I said, you underestimate the importance of a platform holder in 3rd party games.

OriginalGod said:
curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:

How? They are doing fine on PS and xbox...Nintendo are the ones suffering, and it's there fault.

Third parties are missing out on the extra money they could haven been making on Nintendo gamers. Also, *their. Your grammar doesn't strengthen your position.

curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:
curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:

Third parties are missing out on the extra money they could haven been making on Nintendo gamers. Also, *their. Your grammar doesn't strengthen your position.

Nintendo are missing out on hardarw and software sales due to their own arrogance. Ignoring devs over the years, making systems that are against what they needed is all nintendo fault.

Again it is NINTENDO responsibilty to make a platfom that attracts support not developers. Pretty simple.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Thats why I said, you underestimate the importance of a platform holder in 3rd party games.

Third parties just assume they won't sell on Nintendo systems, specs didn't change that in the past, so I don't see why they would now.