By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U version of Project Cars out in 2015

As with most things, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Nintendo brought a lot of this on themselves and at times third parties are shooting themselves in the foot in regards to their support, or lack there of, in regards to nintendo.

Around the Network
OriginalGod said:

Nintendo are missing out on hardarw and software sales due to their own arrogance. Ignoring devs over the years, making systems that are against what they needed is all nintendo fault.

Again it is NINTENDO responsibilty to make a platfom that attracts support not developers. Pretty simple.

Bending over for third parties would get them nowhere when third parties wouldn't meet them halfway. Third parties had their shot, they didn't take it, now they've fostered a userbase that dislikes them.

I don't get it. From the threads I've seen back at E3, this game was heavily marketed on the Wii U. Hell, until today I believed the game was an Wii U exclusive. Why is it that another 3rd party game is getting snubbed on Wii U?

curl-6 said:
OriginalGod said:

Nintendo are missing out on hardarw and software sales due to their own arrogance. Ignoring devs over the years, making systems that are against what they needed is all nintendo fault.

Again it is NINTENDO responsibilty to make a platfom that attracts support not developers. Pretty simple.

Bending over for third parties would get them nowhere when third parties wouldn't meet them halfway. Third parties had their shot, they didn't take it, now they've fostered a userbase that dislikes them.

What proof do you have they would not meet them half way? Nintendo had their shot it is THERE responsibility to create a platform that gets support PERIOD.

OriginalGod said:

What proof do you have they would not meet them half way? Nintendo had their shot it is THERE responsibility to create a platform that gets support PERIOD.

And they did create platforms open to support, but devs all assumed the Wii would flop cos of the Gamecube, so they didn't invest in it until it was too late.

There's no reason devs couldn't have made money on Wii, as Treyarch and Sega proved.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Thats why I said, you underestimate the importance of a platform holder in 3rd party games.

Third parties just assume they won't sell on Nintendo systems, specs didn't change that in the past, so I don't see why they would now.

If youve made up your mind then theres no point talking about it. If you think thats true, that nintendo cant change it, then you might as well buy another console or a PC for third party games. But I know that you know that it isnt true that theres nothing nintendo can do about it.

btw where was the game crowdfunded? I cant seem to find it on google.

Don't know if anyone noticed this yet:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/12/bandai-namco-explains-why-project-cars-was-delayed-on-wii-u/

cannonballZ said:
Don't know if anyone noticed this yet:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/12/bandai-namco-explains-why-project-cars-was-delayed-on-wii-u/

That's not saying much, isn't it?

And if the delay is only to polish it a bit more, they could have announced a new release date, not a simple "delayed until 2015".

In any case, it's a shame for us and no doubt it will affect the sales of the game on Nintendo's console.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Thats why I said, you underestimate the importance of a platform holder in 3rd party games.

Third parties just assume they won't sell on Nintendo systems, specs didn't change that in the past, so I don't see why they would now.

If youve made up your mind then theres no point talking about it. If you think thats true, that nintendo cant change it, then you might as well buy another console or a PC for third party games. But I know that you know that it isnt true that theres nothing nintendo can do about it.

I will most likely end up getting a PS4 or an X1 for games that don't come to Wii U, just as I bought both a Wii and a 360 last gen, and a Gamecube and an Xbox the gen before that.

Problem is, since PS4/X1 just came out, they don't have any games that interest me yet, just like Wii U didn't have any games that interested me in its first 8 months, which is why I didn't buy mine until last November when Mario 3D World came out.