By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales prediction Destiny ( bit less then 35 million )

RenCutypoison said:
KLXVER said:
RenCutypoison said:
So 2-3 times more than watch dogs for a new IP ?

This would be huge but i don't think it will happen

Watch Dogs was a new IP as well though...

That's my point. Watch dogs is the fastest selling new IP of history already.

Oh ok. Read that wrong. My bad;)

Around the Network

Whatever drugs you're taking, I want them. I know shrooms, MDMA, and salvia can get you delusional, but not "Destiny will sell 35M" delusional. 

Whatever you took must put you in the most euphoric state of mind possible or something. I want in. Stop being stingy.

Sarcasm and jokes aside, if Watch_Dogs could ship 8M in under 2 months, with the controversy surrounding it being usurped by the marketing and word of mouth/buzz from E3 2012/13 demonstrations, with the greater buzz from E3 and a much, much bigger marketing budget, I can see Destiny pushing 20M across all platforms. There's nothing else "huge" in September, except maybe Forza Horizon 2, but that doesn't come out til the end of the month. Destiny is surrounded by what? Warriors Orochi? Naruto? Disney Infinity? Maybe FIFA could eat into some sales, but FIFA never stops, say, GTA for example, from selling a ton, and those games release in September every time. If we're to assume Destiny is gonna be "huge" like GTA, then FIFA shouldn't stop it. 

First week:
PS4: 2,5 million
XOne: 1,2 million

no way in hell.

Pretty optimistic for first week. Doubt it'll be much more than 2 million on PS4. Unless of course we see a giant hardware bump.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Don't see it.

First week prediction look good i would say the same think for lifetime i predict 25 millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Op could be right of the PC version is good and takes off. Definitely going to do gangbusters on ps4/x1. See, many PC gamers would like a top tier shared world fps with mmo lite qualities, but hate monthly fees. Borderlands was okay, but the art/shooting was pretty meh honestly. What other fps are there? Bf4 disappointed, cod never does well on PC any more, doom/quake/unreal/etc are dead. Iirc tf2 is the most popular and that's donkeys years now.

Bonus is it probably could play decently on a $99 GPU, low settings on igpu, and still scale way up for beast GPU. Lots of pros. The hunger is real :)

I dont see it happening. There wont be enough marketing to get it that high for a new ip. Better chance of destiny 2 getting that high after the new consoles have taken over from the old

There isn't much sense in predicting of copies sold of the game such as this, i just predict that this will generate over $1,5B income.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.