By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Problem -- There Simply Isn't Room For 3 Consoles

er........No.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Even if we isolate the last console cycle ... from 1985 to today (that's almost 30 years), three consoles have only been successful at the same time for maybe 4 years of that period?

Wii + PS3 + 360 were all selling fairly well from 2007-2010, that's about 4 year period out of 30 years. That's not exactly great odds for a three console setup.

Yeah, but the industry is bigger than it hever has been now. One of them may have to go, but I dont think Nintendo will be the one.

So, M$ will leave. Sad, but only room for 2 consoles right?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
So, M$ will leave. Sad, but only room for 2 consoles right?

MS could go all PC or something...

Without Nintendo we'd just have two companies who are just a clone of each other. Nintendo is actually the breath of fresh air of the industry

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Seems like more of a problem for Microsoft. I don't need two systems that play almost exactly the same games. Pass me the Gamepad please.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo's problem: you win some you loose some. If any consoles could merge it would be XB and PS. Ninendo is in a state of its own. Now something that I would love to see is one single console collaboration between the three. Buth then again, it gives me a headache to think of some of the conversations that might take place during development.

Iwata: No, I think we should go back to SD and make the system look like a rhombus!

Yoshida: F U Iwata, we're gonna use technology that won't be available until 3500.

Whoever the X box guy is: I'll do whatever Yoshida is doing.

Just a mess...

I think the market can support 3 consoles. If the Wii U was cheaper, then more people could afford to have 2 consoles (either PS4 + Wii U or XBOne + Wii U).

(and the sooner Nintendo realizes this, the better for them)

Your theory will be put to the test at the end of this gen/start of next gen. Its still a bit early even though I ront ecpect a miracle turn around for the U. Both Sony and Microsoft have made it clear that they are in this for the long haul and none of them will play nice. Nintendo's next system has to bring the goods no amount of smug forum posts can change that.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Eh, typical anti-Nintendo dribble. Nintendo isn't going anywhere any time soon. They've had meh selling consoles before, and they know how to power through and still turn a profit. The Vita has shown us that Sony will drop a poorly selling Playstation like a hot steaming turd, and I don't imagine Microsoft would be any different with a poorly selling Xbox.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m