By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916

A new Donkey Kong like 64 would be a better choice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

You just proved my point. Cuz "You" dont like Kart Racers so it shouldnt be made. That means you have no say in it. If somebody isnt into shooters, and say all of them play the same they be dead wrong.

If you dont like the type of games fine, but that doesn't mean others wont. I personally dont like playing the real driving games (GT/Forza/etc) but if [Insert Company] announces a game, i wont be ranting about it and going off. 

You didn't prove any point. Kart racers are on the level of minigames. The only reason I'm annoyed is because Retro has a much better game they could be working on, Metroid, or a new IP for that matter, not some has been old kart racer that no one cared about.

phaedruss said:

You didn't prove any point. Kart racers are on the level of minigames.

In what way?

No insult to the game or Retro. If true, they must of REALLY got sick and tired of working on Metroid. They seem to always pick the oddball productions.

Don't want it, need Metroid instead... please!!

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

In what way?

It's about as complex as one and has as much content.

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:

In what way?

It's about as complex as one and has as much content.

Fair enough...

Froma wordpress site created yestarday? Really? This is the epitome fo FAKE!

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

phaedruss said:
tbone51 said:

You just proved my point. Cuz "You" dont like Kart Racers so it shouldnt be made. That means you have no say in it. If somebody isnt into shooters, and say all of them play the same they be dead wrong.

If you dont like the type of games fine, but that doesn't mean others wont. I personally dont like playing the real driving games (GT/Forza/etc) but if [Insert Company] announces a game, i wont be ranting about it and going off. 

You didn't prove any point. Kart racers are on the level of minigames. The only reason I'm annoyed is because Retro has a much better game they could be working on, Metroid, or a new IP for that matter, not some has been old kart racer that no one cared about.

100mil+ paid for this so called mini game, and Diddy Kong Racing on N64 sold well, so i guess people do care :-/

tbone51 said:

No, i've been waiting for a 3D DK game since the GCN released, and Metroid is a great franchise. I rather have had them over 2D DK. But to dismiss 2D DK are dumb especially when they arearguably some of the best 2D platformers to date.

I get why people were disappointed last e3 with dk reveal instead of Metroid, but wat does that have to do with the game itself? Nothing, to want a game to do bad (in sales) or hating the game cuz its not the [Insert Game]  you wanted is bad.

That said, I think people need to realize Retro isnt an independent company, so hating on them gets you nowhere as Nintendo is the one who makes the big decisions!

How would you feel if Game Freak is now focused on other games than Pokemon? Imagine they will be forced by a magical reason to make Metroid on portables and no more Pokemon in around 6-8 years.

Yes. That's how many of us feel. Retro is our only hope to see Metroid or 3D DK and now they are focused on other games that can be made by other developers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile