By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916

If this is true sounds like not all there people all working on it just a few so the other half could do something else...like a certain bounty hunter who appears in a franchise called Metroid.

Around the Network
leedlelee said:
prayformojo said:
KLXVER said:
Rather have a sequel to DK64...

Here Here. Such an amazing game and the last boss battle was just the stuff of legend. I don't think we'll ever see a sequel though.

I'll settle for a remake...

Of course they would have to remove the Jet Pac game, but that wouldn't pose too big a problem, would it???

For us nerds who HAD to play that mini game and beat it, yes...yes it would. Although, I could look past it if I had to. 

>mfw Delicious Metroid fan tears.

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

How would you feel if Game Freak is now focused on other games than Pokemon? Imagine they will be forced by a magical reason to make Metroid on portables and no more Pokemon in around 6-8 years.

Yes. That's how many of us feel. Retro is our only hope to see Metroid or 3D DK and now they are focused on other games that can be made by other developers.

Team Ninja can handle Metroid. You thought Other M was good, so no problems here.

As for a 3D Donkey Kong, it doesn't take much talent to develop a collectathon, so just about any somewhat decent studio could come up with a good game.

Unfortunately, cries for the game were louder than the ones, like me, who enjoyed and liked.

As for the 3D DK, Retro could do as they are most likely handling the DK franchise just like Metroid years ago. And I'd prefer the 3D DK game or some kind of Banjoo rip-off.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

archer9234 said:
KLXVER said:
archer9234 said:

Well, thanks to Other M hating everywhere. It screwed people thinking anyone else could make it.

Metroid games were made for 15 years before Retro made one...

Yeah, but you know. Selective memory with people. When games are good, no one cares who made it. When someone fucks up, that company must be burned.

That was Sakamoto, but just like Team Ninja, some people don't want him to go with the franchise anymore.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Retro was involved in MK7, providing the DK assets. I could see a similar aspect here, with a small Retro team providing the models from DKTF to be used in a DK Racing game built by Monster Games. I would say the main Retro team is working on something else.

Dont Rare own the diddy kong racing? Im very sceptical but Ive wanted a new dkr for a long time now! Hopefully Retro is working on a more 'mature' title as well

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Hell, this is so old. Remember this from January or Feb in 2013... lol.

Nintendo is bleeding money at the moment. Why would they invest money in DKR2?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

i think this is a shame if true. Retro is a studio that has proven serious potential in the past and i don't think this is really the right direction to take them in. they could be doing much bigger things for Nintendo imo.