By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916

I remember hearing a rumor about Dillon being in a new Diddy Kong Racing game...
I don't remember how long ago...
Oven Lonster Games made Pilot Wings Resort, it only seems natural that they would be the ones to make a new DKR...
I won't get my hopes up, but there have certainly been less plausible rumors before...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
disappointing if true. retro did such a great job with metroid that they should be working on a better project than diddy kong racing 2.

If retro is really working on this game, i'm sure they'll came up with something better than the original game ( maybe better than mk8 ).

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
Fuck Retro.
And now this game will be canned because TF sales.

So predictable lol

Only the truth.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

phaedruss said:
Lol diddy kong racing 2 so soon after the release of mario kart? Why on Earth would you want 2 kart racers?

Depends on wat you mean by so soon. maybe 2 years away (2016 release). I dont see a problem with 2 racers that willplay differently

tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

If this is true then I'm done with Retro.

Two 2D games and a Mario Kart clone? No thanks, haven't bought any DKC games and will not buy this. 

Why? Cuz its not Metroid right?  Well you need to consider 2 things.

1. If this is true, doesn't mean 100% this is the only game in the works by them. They can be working on 2 games at the same time so calm down.

2. Retro might not even want to make the game or something similar. Im pretty sure they cant just say "hey lets make metroid now" cuz Nintendo is the one who makes the big decisions. Like how they helped out with MK7 for instance.

Also why dont you like DK franchise? Its really good, hope it isnt cuz its made by Retro.

Lastly not buying a game cuz its not the franchise you want is kinda dumb. Are you saying cuz its not metroid its a no buy automatically? 

It doesn't have to be Metroid, just a real 3D game, not just another party racer. We already have Mario Kart. 

And I dislike 2D games. Tropical Freeze should've been a 3D DK game and I'd have bought it. The only 2D game I'm looking forward to is Yoshi's Woolly World because of its beautiful aesthetics and the fact that it's based around exploration (I love exploration). 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
tbone51 said:
Samus Aran said:

If this is true then I'm done with Retro.

Two 2D games and a Mario Kart clone? No thanks, haven't bought any DKC games and will not buy this. 

Why? Cuz its not Metroid right?  Well you need to consider 2 things.

1. If this is true, doesn't mean 100% this is the only game in the works by them. They can be working on 2 games at the same time so calm down.

2. Retro might not even want to make the game or something similar. Im pretty sure they cant just say "hey lets make metroid now" cuz Nintendo is the one who makes the big decisions. Like how they helped out with MK7 for instance.

Also why dont you like DK franchise? Its really good, hope it isnt cuz its made by Retro.

Lastly not buying a game cuz its not the franchise you want is kinda dumb. Are you saying cuz its not metroid its a no buy automatically? 

It doesn't have to be Metroid, just a real 3D game, not just another party racer. We already have Mario Kart. 

And I dislike 2D games. Tropical Freeze should've been a 3D DK game and I'd have bought it. 

You, me and many more.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:
Lol diddy kong racing 2 so soon after the release of mario kart? Why on Earth would you want 2 kart racers?

Depends on wat you mean by so soon. maybe 2 years away (2016 release). I dont see a problem with 2 racers that willplay differently

I'm not sure how different one kart racer can play from another, but it's a waste of time in my opinion when there are so many better things they could be doing for the wii u.

fleischr said:
Here's the sticky wicket I see with this:

You can't have all the same characters. Banjo and Conker, who were in the original game, are now owned by MS through the Rare acquisition. Similar case with perhaps other characters from Diddy Kong Racing.

Yeah, that will be too bad. You'd have to rebuild the roster around Diddy and maybe Dixie. No Banjo, no Conker, no Tiptup, etc. 

But it's the core mechanics that matter most, and the original DKR delivered on that front. This sequel would be really exciting if true, especially if Retro brings it's action-adventure experience to bear in DKR's adventure mode.

Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
Fuck Retro.
And now this game will be canned because TF sales.

So predictable lol

Only the truth.

Yes but its wrong. Why be mad at retro so prematurely? How do you kno wat games are being worked on? How do you kno if Retro hand is forced to make the game? How do you kno Metroid isnt being made? 

Dunno but it seems that fans that want a franchise really badly ignore everything else which is sad.

Retro working on Diddy KR2, so it automatically means no metroid right? Also its wrong to hate on a game for same reasoning :-/

I'm seriously going to boycott Retro if they are doing this!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(