By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916
Samus Aran said:

If this is true then I'm done with Retro.

Two 2D games and a Mario Kart clone? No thanks, haven't bought any DKC games and will not buy this. 

Dude, if it were true, it would be monster games handling most of the game. Retro would only have dispatched a small team to help them.

Around the Network

Let's wait until we see some official announce. But one thing is sure, retro is working in games incoming for 2015.

Samus Aran said:

If this is true then I'm done with Retro.

Two 2D games and a Mario Kart clone? No thanks, haven't bought any DKC games and will not buy this. 

Why? Cuz its not Metroid right?  Well you need to consider 2 things.

1. If this is true, doesn't mean 100% this is the only game in the works by them. They can be working on 2 games at the same time so calm down.

2. Retro might not even want to make the game or something similar. Im pretty sure they cant just say "hey lets make metroid now" cuz Nintendo is the one who makes the big decisions. Like how they helped out with MK7 for instance.

Also why dont you like DK franchise? Its really good, hope it isnt cuz its made by Retro.

Lastly not buying a game cuz its not the franchise you want is kinda dumb. Are you saying cuz its not metroid its a no buy automatically? 

Pavolink said:
Fuck Retro.
And now this game will be canned because TF sales.

So predictable lol

disappointing if true. retro did such a great job with metroid that they should be working on a better project than diddy kong racing 2.

Around the Network

All the points mentioned really make it sound like the puzzle pieces add up.

And it sounds like Retro is really getting bigger if they are able to handle 3 projects at once. Nintendo is smart in throwing their support around Retro.

not the worst thing they could be working on.....

Lol diddy kong racing 2 so soon after the release of mario kart? Why on Earth would you want 2 kart racers?

fleischr said:
Here's the sticky wicket I see with this:

You can't have all the same characters. Banjo and Conker, who were in the original game, are now owned by MS through the Rare acquisition. Similar case with perhaps other characters from Diddy Kong Racing.

Ideally that's where the "lesser-known Nintendo characters" bit comes in. Can replace Banjo and Conker with Dillon, Mo, and Rusty.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Honestly the description sounds like sonic and all stars racing transformed.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.