By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do people still care about Trophies / Achievements ?

They're fun. Don't go out of my way to get them but hearing the trophy confirmed sound is always pleasant.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network

never did they have no purpose other than giving a game without substance artificial length.

If I could actually unlock something of value like stages, characters etc it would be cool. But it seems that trophies etc are cheap way to make the absence of unlockables (that were replaced with DLC) not so obvious.

Its just crap noone needs and nobody other than "look at me I am better than you"-people gain anything with.

No, they have no impact on me buying a console or a specific game. I do enjoy getting them though, and will sometimes rent a game just to get the achievements for them.

jonathanalis said:
if my trophies can be traded by psn credits. or even avatars
if not. not interested. at least miiverse stamps are less useless.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/bid-for-greatness-lets-playstation-gamers-use-trophies-to-bid-on-prizes-20475

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I love trophies

Around the Network

"still" ?

I never liked them at all. I didn't need trophy/achievement to finish my snes/ps1/2/Etc games at 100%.
I have a WiiU, and i don't miss trophies at all, especially with the miiverse.

I am so happy that Nintendo is not doing that!!! Instead of hunting these trophies like crazy you should just have fun playing the game to the end, that should be rewarding enough :)

Yes

Yes! Gamerscore is the most silly thing invented in gaming, because this magical worthless number motivates me to get hard achievements.

dont really care or have the time to care for them. Whatever trophies I get are once from the first play through then move onto the next game.