By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do people still care about Trophies / Achievements ?

Just curious if trophies or achievements are taken into consideration when buying games and/or consoles??

Personally at first when I got my 360 I was hooked on the whole Achievement things and was renting crappy games from Blockbuster just to get easy 1000g games to build gamerscore.  I will admit I was pretty addicted to my gamescore for a good while, but the novelty did ware off for me.  With that said, basically now I couldn't care less about achievements/trophies and just want to play a good solid fun game with unlockables and stuff like that....Maybe something cool in the game for 100% the game. 

Around the Network

I'd say so

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186281

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
I'd say so

Damn you! I was going to post the same link!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
JEMC said:
I'd say so

Damn you! I was going to post the same link!

Better luck next time!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I don't care about achievements/trophies anymore.

It's a meaningless metric on how much a 'gamer' you are.

I far prefer in-game rewards working a game to a certain level of completion.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Not at all...I think there are so many interesting things that can be done with achievement systems but nobody is doing them :(

Take into consideration when buying? Absolutely not. Care? Yes, in some degree.

Viltgance said:

Just curious if trophies or achievements are taken into consideration when buying games and/or consoles??

Personally at first when I got my 360 I was hooked on the whole Achievement things and was renting crappy games from Blockbuster just to get easy 1000g games to build gamerscore.  I will admit I was pretty addicted to my gamescore for a good while, but the novelty did ware off for me.  With that said, basically now I couldn't care less about achievements/trophies and just want to play a good solid fun game with unlockables and stuff like that....Maybe something cool in the game for 100% the game. 

Mine is the exact same case. In the end I realized I've missed so many good games because I was following a walkthrough for Space Chimps or some crap like that.

Now I have trophy notifications turned off on both PS4 and Vita, and I really don't even know how many trophies I have, and I never check to see what trophies there are.

I guess I cured my OCD, cold turkey style.

I sure do; just don't have the time to get as many anymore due to real life

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

In the general sense yes, but personally I don't care. I did at first when I was in undergrad and then in grad school, but given my career path and the limited hours I have for gaming, I couldn't care less about it. Right now it's all about the fun factor and replay value.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS