By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do people still care about Trophies / Achievements ?

Same policy I've always had. I go for platinum if it looks like a fun challenge or easy and will add life to the game. If it has MP trophies for max level or something or has annoying ones I don't care at all.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Me, don't care. All my games trophies never get completed. I think I have 100% on Pacman. but that's it. I still wish I could delete the ones I don't play.

I think xbox live on Xbox one is horrible and they ruined the achievement system on there. As for the ps4, never cared about trophies

I would love to have seen some type of system on the Wii U tho

Never gave a shit and still don't

Ka-pi96 said:
OMGitsBlake3one6 said:
I think xbox live on Xbox one is horrible and they ruined the achievement system on there. As for the ps4, never cared about trophies

I would love to have seen some type of system on the Wii U tho

How has Xbox One ruined achievements? I think Xbox One has done it better by tracking how far off an achievement you are, haven't seen anything that could be described as 'ruining' it.

It's too messey in my opinion with all the pictures, I was happy with just a simple list to go through and it takes to many menus to get to it unlike the 360 version where is was one simple button away

Around the Network

Not when buying a PS4, game or a Vita game because I know it has trophies. But when buying a ps3 game it's a factor. I'll choose a game on PS over other consoles because I prefer trophies over achievement or nothing. Love my platinums, 33 small lol

I care. And I reject the idea that it's electronic dick measuring. I have like two friends on my PS network. I just enjoy collecting the trophies. It's like collectables in any game. And sometimes I work so hard at something I bloody well feel I deserve a medal! Haha.

157.000 G and counting :)

Just noticed I only earned 17.000 G during the last 12 months. Shame on me. :(

Something I like but I can live without

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

vivster said:
How could anyone take it into consideration? Any game on Xbox and Playstation has them. Nintendo is the odd one out but the question between Sony/MS and Nintendo is a very different one than trophies.

It could also mean would it be a factor in you buying the next gen of a console because of your investment in your Achievements or Trophies.