By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we agree that PS4 graphics are in another level!

~kao said:
Shinobi-san said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Even as a PC gamer it would be foolish to downplay what Sonys exclusives are pulling off.

So true!

Havent seen anything match Uncharted 4's level of detail. Not even on high end PC...

But then again no PC developers are putting that much effort into a single character. Drake looks near CGI in that small U4 clip! I was shocked when i heard it wasnt CGI.

The graphics looks great, period. But when people say "I have NEVER seen something like U4, the game that will be out a year (or so) from now and that we dont have a gameplay footage" i have to call this out

Infamous Second Son: looks gorgeus, in pics, in motion, in everything. But when we take a closer look we see low-quiality reflections (in details), a not-that-good draw distance (in details again) as if they where using tricks to push it. (leaving aside the fps department) I will search for that image later

I DONT want to start a dick measurement between ps4 and PC. We need to acknowledge that these doesnt have "graphics", they have hardware that push graphics and it depends on each developer to make graphics great, not that great or average. Of course PC will always have more potential for this, as there is a new GPU every year or less but devs dont aim for that small porcentage of gamers

With that said, we shall only talk about how good it really looks when they´re out, whether its "in-engine" or "in-game" footage. 

Yeah i agree we need to wait for the release of Uncharted. And by then we might see something more impressive on PC (witcher 3 for example). However i dont see any developers on PC putting in that much resources into a single character..it just doesnt happen on PC.

But as of right now i literally havent seen anything as impressive as that U4 clip. Have you?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Driveclub looks out of this world.

FATALITY said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I have yet to see full gameplay that makes me think ''on another level''

this is not gameplay thread

It really doesnt matter. PS4 has yet to show off what it can do game play wise. Anyone can show off nice CG footage, Square-Enix is the prime example of this. When Ps4 can do something like the CG they show,with actual gameplay, then I'll jump into the ''ps4 graphics are on another level!'' camp :P

We won't see that for a few years though I'm afraid as these consoles usually dont hit their strike till their 2nd-3rd year

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

POE said:
I agree.
Now, can we agree that PS4 graphics don´t make a game fun?

/thread

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

POE said:
I agree.
Now, can we agree that PS4 graphics don´t make a game fun?

Yup that's the ultimate truth right there. Goes for any system really

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
FATALITY said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

It really doesnt matter. PS4 has yet to show off what it can do game play wise. Anyone can show off nice CG footage, Square-Enix is the prime example of this. When Ps4 can do something like the CG they show,with actual gameplay, then I'll jump into the ''ps4 graphics are on another level!'' camp :P

We won't see that for a few years though I'm afraid as these consoles usually dont hit their strike till their 2nd-3rd year

CG? wtf?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

FATALITY said:

CG? wtf?

omg wtf?

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

I do wholeheartedly agree that the graphics on the PS4 will be as good as PC. It's impressive what can be done with the PS4 this early.

ShyGuy322 said:

For a console, the games look great but it can't compete with PC's.

Honestly, I call bullshit. And that goes out to any other such claim.

I see a lot of this. PC graphics are 2 times better or 3 times better of this or that can't compete with PCs blah blah blah.....

How about I make a proposal. Let anyone here take a screenshot of a game running in realtime on PC and i would provide realtime screen shots of some PS4/XB1 games and lets see if the PC games 'look" 2, 3 or 4 times which is also like saying 200%, 300% or 400% better.

PwerlvlAmy said:
FATALITY said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

CG? :p None of those gifs are from CG footage. That would imply they aren't running on the hardware itself.