By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo ending the 3DS slowly?

No, I think the 3DS has like 3 more years before the next Nintendo handheld.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

They're focusing on the Wii U, but they're not doing nothing for the 3DS.

The 3DS already has a very huge library of great games. I think most 3DS gamers have a HUGE backlog of great games. The only missing game on 3DS is a Metroid.

No!!! Shigeru Miyamoto already announced that two Metroid games are in development and he hinted at a brand new The Legend of Zelda for the Nintendo 3DS a few days ago too ;)

E3 was focused on Wii U to generate more interest in it, and Nintendo would have recently put more resources into creating Wii U games in the past year.

In saying that the 3DS will not be neglected much longer.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Mensrea said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Sounds like a number of you completely missed the large amount of time Nintendo spent on STEAM, which is a replacement for Advance Wars.

Beyond that, Smash and the new Pokemon, expect another Zelda title (I'd expect MM3D) to be announced soon for next year. Japan's also getting DQX and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate here and there. There should be some very strong content next year for 3DS, then the successor will be announced. A 2016 release is quite possible.

Steam doesn't play anything like Advanced Wars, has a completely different setting and asthetic, and they never once said it is replacing Advanced Wars. (And project steam looks godawful)

New setting and theme, but it's turn combat strategy by the AW team. They did this instead of AW. Yes, it did replace AW on 3DS.

It doesn't play anything like AW. Like at all.  You don't know what "team" is doing it, you just know it's intelligents systems. (They are huge by the way). Do you have a quote that specifically says that they are doing it over advanced wars? 

Oh you don't? Your just...pulling it out your ass?

Right.

I'm quite the opposite, I was sick of them favoring the 3DS over the Wii U, so E3 giving the spotlight to Wii U and pushing 3DS aside made me very happy.

Considering this is a Nintendo console I would imagine that they're shifting their focus to new systems. The last years of a Nintendo console is always slower, although this is the 3DS' 3rd year so it should at least have 3 more years in it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.