By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video game franchises that should have stopped at certain point

RealGamingExpert said:
Sonic.
Sonic seems to get worse every year. I dont know why they still develop sonic games, he might be one of the most known characters, but the quality of his games has been lacking since years.

I know I seem like I always defend Sonic at this point.. But really? Sonic seems to get worse every year? In my opinion it isn't like that. The games go from good to bad and back to mediocre or maybe even good and in recent year we've had good Sonic games like Gens so I don't see how Sonic really gets worse every year, but it depends on what you mean by it I guess.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Resident Evil should have ended after 3.

You are dead to me! It should have ended after 5.

Signature goes here!

kupomogli said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Sonic.
Sonic seems to get worse every year. I dont know why they still develop sonic games, he might be one of the most known characters, but the quality of his games has been lacking since years.

Some may even say the series has never been good.

Some may even say the earth is flat :P

JayWood2010 said:

God of War - To be honest Kratos's story isnt that interesting to me. Just an angry guy blaming the gods for his own actions so for three games he goes on a rampage killing one god after another. THe story shouldve stopped at 3

Assassin's Creed - This is more to do with the flood of sequels it has rather than it having sequels. I do believe this is a franchise that could go on for years and year, even today. But calm down with the yearly releases and give us time to miss it. It doesnt have a fantastic multiplayer that changes the expereience every time like Call of Duty or other yearly franchises.

Fable - This may be because im not a big fable fan, but i feel after fable 3 they shouldve left the fable franchise alone. I think that Fable 3 did so much damage to the franchise that even if they made the most amazing fable game in the world it still wouldnt reach its peak again. Fable Legends does look good but im thiking maybe they should of changed a few things and just called it a new ip personally. Luckily Lionhead is working on a new ip but i do hope they leave the fable franchise alone after Legends.

New Super Mario Bros - Honestly I feel NSMB2, U, and Luigi was meh. Sure one wouldve been cool, but we didnt need 3 games that are identical as a game we got years ago. And frankly i find other 2D platformers much better than mario now. At least give them difficulty settings

I could think of more but ill leave on that

Agre with all the points. But it aches my heart to put fable there. Sure Fable 3 was very bad and legends was a slap for the franchise. But I am still hoping fable will regain its honor.

um...new super mario bros?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
kupomogli said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Sonic.

Some may even say the series has never been good.

Some may even say the earth is flat :P

Except the Earth is round.  That's not debatable.  Sonic never having a good game is.

Halo should have stopped at 3,
Resistance should have stopped at 2,
Mario should have stopped at mario 64
Uncharted should have stopped at 3
Bioshock should have stopped at 2,
Resident evil should have stopped at 3
Final fantasy should have stopped at 10
Gears of war should have stopped at 2
Gran turismo should have stopped at 4 (GT5 and GT6 seem to suggest it half did)
Ridge racer should have stopped at RRT4
Ace combat should have stopped at 6
Battlefield should have stopped at 3
Call of duty should have stopped at 2
Fallout should stop at 4
Elder scrolls should stop at Skyrim

You get the picture.

Squeezol said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Sonic.

I know I seem like I always defend Sonic at this point.. But really? Sonic seems to get worse every year? In my opinion it isn't like that. The games go from good to bad and back to mediocre or maybe even good and in recent year we've had good Sonic games like Gens so I don't see how Sonic really gets worse every year, but it depends on what you mean by it I guess.

Well i feel like games should improve over time. I dont think sonic games improve all that much from game to game, sometimes it gets even worse than before, while other games constantly improve. I personally liked Colors and Generations, but that are just 2 games out of many.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

All good things must come to an end... unless it can still generate a load of cash that is....

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

RealGamingExpert said:
Squeezol said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Sonic.

Well i feel like games should improve over time. I dont think sonic games improve all that much from game to game, sometimes it gets even worse than before, while other games constantly improve. I personally liked Colors and Generations, but that are just 2 games out of many.

That makes more sense. Sonic sucks at improving at a normal rate..