By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Positive Impacts From a Unified/Fusion Nintendo Platform

phaedruss said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
phaedruss said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
But if it fails nothing would keep it afloat. I would hate to see that too because handheld and console gaming is completely different. By that I mean I'll pick up Animal Crossing for 10 minutes and be satisfied but want to play Mario Kart 8 for 5 hours a time. All I can say is that I'll sink a whole battery life into each time I play Smash Bros on both

Mario Kart's not really a good example of what you're saying since it's really just focused on a couple of rounds or one round and you can turn it off. Either way, I'm thinking there will be cross saves  and all that and suspend/resume on the handheld. That is a non issue.

Eh it was the first thing that came to mind. Also those tiny 3DS screens hurt my eyes after too long, but my TV size doesn't bother me with Wii U

Same here, I don't care for handhelds that's why the console would be for you.

I'm not hating on handhelds I like them but those I play for limited amounts of time compared to consoles. The last 3DS game I played that I didn't put down was A Link Between Worlds, but honestly almost every 3DS game last year I couldn't put down

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
DarkRPGamer007 said:
phaedruss said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
phaedruss said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
But if it fails nothing would keep it afloat. I would hate to see that too because handheld and console gaming is completely different. By that I mean I'll pick up Animal Crossing for 10 minutes and be satisfied but want to play Mario Kart 8 for 5 hours a time. All I can say is that I'll sink a whole battery life into each time I play Smash Bros on both

Mario Kart's not really a good example of what you're saying since it's really just focused on a couple of rounds or one round and you can turn it off. Either way, I'm thinking there will be cross saves  and all that and suspend/resume on the handheld. That is a non issue.

Eh it was the first thing that came to mind. Also those tiny 3DS screens hurt my eyes after too long, but my TV size doesn't bother me with Wii U

Same here, I don't care for handhelds that's why the console would be for you.

I'm not hating on handhelds I like them but those I play for limited amounts of time compared to consoles. The last 3DS game I played that I didn't put down was A Link Between Worlds, but honestly almost every 3DS game last year I couldn't put down

Then simply buy the home TV version and play your games at home on a 50 inch screen all day if that's what you prefer. 

That's part of the beauty of the concept here too ... the choice is yours. Just like if you prefer say the bigger screen iPad and don't want an iPhone or iPod touch, you're not really excluded from anything. You have an option that suits you. 

Functionally really there's no difference from Mario Kart 7 and 8 ... there's isn't any real design difference that makes one a portable game versus a handheld game other than being locked a platform. I can play games originally designed for a console like Zelda: OoT or Metal Gear Solid 2 or Final Fantasy VII (PSN port on Vita) all day without going "OMG, this is a console game it's sooo weird playing this on a portable".

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a good example ... it's the same game on the 3DS or Wii U, the Wii U version just runs in HD. Some people prefer the portability, some people prefer playing at home. Neither person is right/wrong, it's just a preference.