By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

This is the one of the many reasons why Sony wins this year on E3 again. All the multiplatforms games has exclusive content on PS4 while xbone has only old and boring cod. Far cry 4 you can invite a friend without he has the game exclusive on pS4-PS3? what a epic victory that was. So M$ the wheel has turn, better seling console better and more developers support

Around the Network

Please do. I wouldn't mind if activision sees numbers SO low that they pull out on xb1 all together :D

Good that our Xbox fans are not that blind to the irony and accept their fate quietly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Zadainie said:
Why do people act as if timed exclusives dlc is new?

It's new to the ones who are crying ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

......and people wonder why the general media wont take gamers seriously.

Around the Network

Well, at least they still get to play the game at launch. I'm just saying...it's more than some of us can say...

-CraZed- said:

The whiny self entitlement here and all over the official Destiny forums is rather disgusting IMHO. Bungie does not owe anyone anything except the game they make for the price the ask. All the hyperbolic rhetoric about Bungie giving its "loyal" fan base the middle finger etc. is just childish.

No.1 Bungie most likely didn't even make the decision on timed exclusive DLC etc. It's more likely that Activision is the culprit here so the ire is completely misplaced. Not to mention MS who chose to not pursue the marketing partnership over the game.

No.2 Even if Bungie DID make the decisions so what? This is a practice that has been going on for quite some time now and usually on the MS side especially with the biggest franchises CoD, Rock Band, Now Battlefield etc. etc. and only now that PS players are getting some TIMED exclusive content it's an issue. I spend ample time on the Destiny forums thee days and the level of vitriol from Xbox players is quite disappointing to say the least.

My favorite argument is how "loyal" Bungie fans are and that this is just a big eff you to them by Bungie. I say if they were Bungie loyalists they would have followed them to the platform that was giving them the timed exclusives. After all it was MS who chose to deal with Activision for the good old standby CoD franchise. While Sony, recognizing that Destiny might actually be something special, chose to go into the marketing partnership with Activision and Bungie.

Bottom line is this whole deal is making the Xbox community look like a bunch of hypocritical, spoiled, malcontents who can't get past their own narcissism to see the truth here.

Oh and the extra four days of a friggen server stress test beta (basically a demo at this point) isn't worth getting all worked up over either. Sheesh, grow the eff up people.

My personal favorite was on another site.

Xbox fan : fuck you bungie, you'd be nothing without xbox.

to which someone replied with:

Because xbox would be anything without halo, right?

Exclusive DLC content is a shady practice, no matter which company does it. As far as I go, the only time I've supported such crap was with Dead Rising 2 expansions (which for some reason never made it to PC or PS3), so I could admit I am somewhat responsible, but not in other instance I've endorsed it.

That being said, Sony was quite clever here.

There's no irony involved concerning CoD or GTA DLC, it's not remotely the same thing. But also not worth throwing a fit over. I've said before here I probably wasn't going to buy the game, this certainly wouldn't help me change my mind. I don't mind waiting for DLC, I waited for CoD content on my PS3. But there's something dirtier about taking my money and only giving me part of it until another platform is done. It's kind of like buying a game and finding out there is locked on disc DLC. It's the worst form of DLC. Like I said in another thread on this subject, bravo to Sony/Activision for a move that probably even made Ubisoft look twice. Hope it doesn't take over the industry.

Amazing to think this was once believed to be a Xbox 360/Xbone exclusive.

Timed DLC and exclusive content is an unfortunate reality in the industry right now. Sony bet on the right horse this time.