By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

czecherychestnut said:

Irrelevent from a business perspective. What matters is which will have a bigger impact to console and game sales, and at this stage looking at the hype and the pre-orders, its looking like the Destiny investment will give the better return. 

Well it looked like Titanfall would be a great investment for MS before release as well...

Around the Network

The whiny self entitlement here and all over the official Destiny forums is rather disgusting IMHO. Bungie does not owe anyone anything except the game they make for the price the ask. All the hyperbolic rhetoric about Bungie giving its "loyal" fan base the middle finger etc. is just childish.

No.1 Bungie most likely didn't even make the decision on timed exclusive DLC etc. It's more likely that Activision is the culprit here so the ire is completely misplaced. Not to mention MS who chose to not pursue the marketing partnership over the game.

No.2 Even if Bungie DID make the decisions so what? This is a practice that has been going on for quite some time now and usually on the MS side especially with the biggest franchises CoD, Rock Band, Now Battlefield etc. etc. and only now that PS players are getting some TIMED exclusive content it's an issue. I spend ample time on the Destiny forums thee days and the level of vitriol from Xbox players is quite disappointing to say the least.

My favorite argument is how "loyal" Bungie fans are and that this is just a big eff you to them by Bungie. I say if they were Bungie loyalists they would have followed them to the platform that was giving them the timed exclusives. After all it was MS who chose to deal with Activision for the good old standby CoD franchise. While Sony, recognizing that Destiny might actually be something special, chose to go into the marketing partnership with Activision and Bungie.

Bottom line is this whole deal is making the Xbox community look like a bunch of hypocritical, spoiled, malcontents who can't get past their own narcissism to see the truth here.

Oh and the extra four days of a friggen server stress test beta (basically a demo at this point) isn't worth getting all worked up over either. Sheesh, grow the eff up people.

czecherychestnut said:
KLXVER said:
czecherychestnut said:
MS placed their bet on Titanfall, Sony placed their bet on Destiny, the only difference is Destiny is looking like the better bet at this stage. Unlucky for MS, better luck next time.

MS gets both games...

Irrelevent from a business perspective. What matters is which will have a bigger impact to console and game sales, and at this stage looking at the hype and the pre-orders, its looking like the Destiny investment will give the better return. 

I don't know about that, Microsoft will get some benefit from Destiny, and Titanfall was a pretty big hype builder.  It probably helped sell a ton of launch consoles as almost brought it up to ps4 levels the month it came out.  

Of course, who knows how much each company paid for their agreements.  That would also be a big factor in what kind of return on investment they got.  

-CraZed- said:
The whiny self entitlement here and all over the official Destiny forums is rather disgusting IMHO. Bungie does not owe anyone anything except the game they make for the price the ask. All the hyperbolic rhetoric about Bungie giving its "loyal" fan base the middle finger etc. is just childish.

No.1 Bungie most likely didn't even make the decision on timed exclusive DLC etc. It's more likely that Activision is the culprit here so the ire is completely misplaced. Not to mention MS who chose to not pursue the marketing partnership over the game.

No.2 Even if Bungie DID make the decisions so what? This is a practice that has been going on for quite some time now and usually on the MS side especially with the biggest franchises CoD, Rock Band, Now Battlefield etc. etc. and only now that PS players are getting some TIMED exclusive content it's an issue. I spend ample time on the Destiny forums thee days and the level of vitriol from Xbox players is quite disappointing to say the least.

My favorite argument is how "loyal" Bungie fans are and that this is just a big eff you to them by Bungie. I say if they were Bungie loyalists they would have followed them to the platform that was giving them the timed exclusives. After it was MS who chose to deal with Activision for the good old standby CoD franchise. While Sony, recognizing that Destiny might actually be something special, chose to go into the marketing partnership with Activision and Bungie.

Bottom line is this whole deal is making the Xbox community look like a bunch of hypocritical, spoiled, malcontents who can't get past their own narcissism to see the truth here.

Oh and the extra four days of a friggen server stress test beta (basically a demo at this point) isn't worth getting all worked up over either. Sheesh, grow the eff up people.

expect with cod you just had to wait to play the content with destiny we pay the same amount to have content locked away will they say so

plus all the other stuff ps is getting. xbox have alittle reason to be upset

Azerth said:
kitler53 said:

i dunno.  maybe a bit but then why is no one complaining that batman AK getting fully exclusive content on playstation.  the game will cost the same on both systems so xbox owners are paying the same price for less game and won't even get access to it eventually.    ..and what about minecraft.  ..and assassin's creed.  ..and la noire.   ...and xcom.

i think the reason people dont complain about exclusive content is because its easier to pretend it doesnt exsit, but with timed we know its locked away until they say so

a worse deal is easier to take?   i must be getting old but i just don't get what issues gamers will take issue with anymore.

i honestly just pretend all of these exclusives (platform, retail, timed, pre-order, whatever else) just don't exist.  i ask myself if the content availible is worth the asking price and leave it at that.   i can't think of one DLC that was substantial enought to cry about other than the GTA IV dlc expansions,.. especially when they were originally marketed as exclusive before we later found out they were only timed.

destiny looks to be loaded with content.  if you didn't read the internet i'll bet you'd never miss whatever extra content playstation is getting.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

if you didn't read the internet i'll bet you'd never miss whatever extra content playstation is getting.

That is actually a very good point.  Destiny is huge...

Why do people act as if timed exclusives dlc is new?

Azerth said:
-CraZed- said:

My favorite argument is how "loyal" Bungie fans are and that this is just a big eff you to them by Bungie. I say if they were Bungie loyalists they would have followed them to the platform that was giving them the timed exclusives. After it was MS who chose to deal with Activision for the good old standby CoD franchise. While Sony, recognizing that Destiny might actually be something special, chose to go into the marketing partnership with Activision and Bungie.

expect with cod you just had to wait to play the content with destiny we pay the same amount to have content locked away will they say so

I see so it is a psychological thing then? SO because you believe the content is layered somehwere on the disc rather than not included until a later date that is the difference? It simply never ceases to amaze me the level of childishness of people. And how do we know the content will be on disc? Have they confirmed this? How do we know it isn't going to be patched in later. Assets DO NOT have to be on the disc if they are not used.

Either way Xbox players won't have access to the content until at least a year afterwards. I guess perception is everything. Seems rather silly.

Playstation players have had to endure the practice for years (still are) and now turn about makes Xbox players lose their sanity.

Xbox guys are sensitive bunch aren't they?

"Xbot fanboy speaking" Whaaaaaaaa.   Whaaaaaaaaaa.  Sony was getting screwed for years with timed DLC and I did not give a F.   Whaaaaaaaaa.  Whaaaaaaaaaa.  Now I know how it feels and it's just not fair.