By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Playstation Beta Dates Exclusive DLC Content Has XB Fans Threatening To Pull Support

BillyBong said:
Azerth said:

i think most are mad because 1) tech the content is locked till atleast fall 2015 for all we know it stays locked away  2) were paying the same price to have content locked away for a year.   i would perfer the content to be exclusive forever and just make the xbox verison cheaper

well.. i understand your points, but wouldn't the easiest solution be to just buy the DLC in fall of 2015 if they really want the DLC and don't want to wait a year?  Or don't buy it at all if it bugs them that much having to wait a year?  DLC is just what it is.. optional content that doesn't/shouldn't change the core of the game.. optional, meaning, they don't have to buy it.

i don't know.. to me, personally.. it's just DLC content for the sake of saying, we got it first, but it doesn't really mean anything in the whole context of the game itself.  it's nice to have perks, but it's no game changer.  I think the real issue is xbox gamers thinking that since it's a Bungie developed game, there should of been some type of fan service to those xbox gamers who bought Bungie games in the past.. add in the year long wait for DLC content and it's like adding salt to the wounds.

i may not buy the dlc but one potional issuse with the destiny dlc is that there being called expasions which if true to word could mean that they cont the story of the game.  also we dont know if the content will be unlocked after a year as far as i know it says atleast till fall 2015 so it could go longer for all we know

Around the Network
CDiablo said:

They do not. The dlc comes out at the same time and has stuff only available on Sony. This stuff will be available to MS people in the future which they (will likely) have to pay for. MS Player pays $20 gets x,y,z. Sony player pays $20 gets w,x,y,z. It is not because it is not active on one end, its because it is being given to one party and (likely, because I see Activision nickle and diming this game to no end) sold to the other party. It will not effect the core game, but this is a slippery slope. Now if the DLC was $20 on Sony and $15 on MS(and the timed stuff was sold for $5 down the line) it would be different.

that's a far reach, is it not?  If you buy the "Destiny Expansion Pass", then like any other DLC pass on any other game, you would of already paid all you're going to pay for any DLC content, present or future. 

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

You have to love the saltiness. By all means keep it coming, it's highly entertaining.

This game is going to be great and my PS4 copy can't arrive sooner.

BillyBong said:
CDiablo said:

. This stuff will be available to MS people in the future which they (will likely) have to pay for.

that's a far reach, is it not?  If you buy the "Destiny Expansion Pass", then like any other DLC pass on any other game, you would of already paid all you're going to pay for any DLC content, present or future. 

The expansion pass only covers season 1 of dlc(the first 2 add ons). If they define the timed DLC as part of the 1st add on(as in: fall 2015 they give the exclusive DLC inside the DLC away for free) for MS users; sure. Seeing that this game looks like its going to be a nickle and diming game I would wager they are going to sell those extra items at an extra cost.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Azerth said:

i may not buy the dlc but one potional issuse with the destiny dlc is that there being called expasions which if true to word could mean that they cont the story of the game.  also we dont know if the content will be unlocked after a year as far as i know it says atleast till fall 2015 so it could go longer for all we know

Actually.. just read an article on the expansions.. it's basically adding content to the story, new gears, weapons, and maps.  Can get it all with the "Expansion" pass which will include both expansions, which I would assume should be like all other "season" pass type DLC.  Only Sony stuff so far, but it's highly likely when the time comes, Bungie & Activision will also release the content for the xboxs.. it's timed exclusives, not console exclusive.

Around the Network
Hardcore_gamer said:
Euphoria14 said:

I bet they don't mind the timed exclusive CoD stuff though.

They'll get over it.

That's only a month early access to dlc that's it bungie being arrogant against Xbox fans and I already cancelled destiny on Xbox one and I hope rest of Xbox fans do it too 

Go ahead.

I just want to see this same complaining when we no doubt see the exclusive XBone content for games in the future and refusal to buy those game because of it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Intrinsic said:
Dark_Feanor said:

CoD is one month, Destiny is a whole year and will segregate content for people paing the same price.

This is far far worst. It´s not just one extra hour of game play like Assassins Creed or Joker in Batman AA.

Destiny is a quasy MMO a long run adventure set in an ever expanding universe.

They are pissing off Xbox owners (remember the 50mi active 360 users?) for some obscure reason. 

And GTA4 360 dlc was forever. Till this day you still cannot getthe GTA4 DLC on PS3. So what were you saying about something being far worse again?

And the GTA core fanbase was on the PS2, the tens of millions of people that guranteed the continual success of their IP, yet it wasn't obscure when they decided to piss on them, hell if i recall everyone thought GTA4 coming to the 360 and even getting exclusive dlc was a great victory. Now that i think of it, this is pretty much sony taking a page directly outta MS handbook, though nowhere near as harsh.

I will say again, its one thing if any of this is new, but it isn't and this whole nonsense was started by MS to begin with and their fans didn't seem to mind thorugh out last gen, hell even now you don't see them having an issue with CoD dlc or evolve dlc exclusivity. So again, anyone that doesn't like it should either shut up or just deal with it or both. 

You can either download the GTA IV DLC to your PS3 or go buy the disc based version of the DLC and have been able to for years and years.

As for the rest, not the same thing. The simple point many people here are missing in their rush to quickly generalize and try to rub salt in hypothetical wounds, is that it's not about waiting for content. It's about paying the same price for that DLC only to have part of it locked away for an extended period of time. CoD never did that. GTA never did that. Evolve doesn't do that. So please quit bringing them up.

I doubt many would give a shit about a window of exclusive time for DLC. But this is something that rightfully pisses people off. Like I said before, it's like buying a game and discovering there is DLC locked away on the disc you already paid for.

Azerth said:

expect with cod you just had to wait to play the content with destiny we pay the same amount to have content locked away will they say so

plus all the other stuff ps is getting. xbox have alittle reason to be upset

The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Last and the Damned entire expansions of GTAIV, didn't launch until 6 months after the 360 release, on PS3.  Nevermind PC, who had to wait until these expansions launched on PS3, before the game itself launched.  So yeah, a map or two isn't that big of a deal.  And you're forgetting that you don't have to buy it, either.  You can wait a year until the content becomes multi-plat or however that'll work.

Unfortunately, that's just how the industry has shifted over the past 10+ years, and the consumer ate it up.  Right now PS4/Sony fans are giddy, because this is seen every bit as much as a victory to them, as the loss of GTA exlusivity, FF exclusivity, etc... felt and was to MS/360 owners.  At issue is gamer's inability to see how their purchases now, effect the future of the industry.

If everyone had resisted the urge to buy into the timed exclusivity shit, back when it first started, Bungie/Activision wouldn't be floating a new possible revenue strategy like this in Destiny.  Likewise, you'd need a pretty substantial coordinated consumer response (across PS4/Xone) to boycott Destiny in order for the numbers to be low enough to send a message that this isn't ok.

We know, however, that isn't going to happen.  And 5 years from now, who knows how this concept will have morphed or been adopted industry wide.  Especially if Destiny pulls in big numbers.

CDiablo said:

The expansion pass only covers season 1 of dlc(the first 2 add ons). If they define the timed DLC as part of the 1st add on(as in: fall 2015 they give the exclusive DLC inside the DLC away for free) for MS users; sure. Seeing that this game looks like its going to be a nickle and diming game I would wager they are going to sell those extra items at an extra cost.

I don't see why that wouldn't be the case.  How often do you see games given different DLC content aside from some not getting the DLC at all?  It's always been the same content throughout when any DLC released on other platforms.  And as far as any article I've read so far on the "exclusive content" is only a timed exclusive.. not console exclusive.  Still finding it hard to believe that xbox owners will have to pay additional money a year later to unlock additional content in something they've already bought.  it's only timed exclusive content..

LudicrousSpeed said:

You can either download the GTA IV DLC to your PS3 or go buy the disc based version of the DLC and have been able to for years and years.

As for the rest, not the same thing. The simple point many people here are missing in their rush to quickly generalize and try to rub salt in hypothetical wounds, is that it's not about waiting for content. It's about paying the same price for that DLC only to have part of it locked away for an extended period of time. CoD never did that. GTA never did that. Evolve doesn't do that. So please quit bringing them up.

I doubt many would give a shit about a window of exclusive time for DLC. But this is something that rightfully pisses people off. Like I said before, it's like buying a game and discovering there is DLC locked away on the disc you already paid for.

But with season passes available on Call of Duty that's exactly what they did.  All consoles paid the same amount for a season pass, PS3 owners had to wait a month longer to actually get the content they'd paid for.  They knew about it before hand so it was their decision whether or not that was a reasonable deal.  

As long as the companies are up front about what's in the DLC and how much you'll pay for it I have no issue with Sony or MS paying a bit to give their fans a bit extra in the DLC.  XBone owners just got a bit of a worse deal on the DLC this time, and they can decide if it's still worth the price.