By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dog Wii U sales prediction

Zero999 said:
KLXVER said:
drake_tolu said:

Boys, the game have NOW 30K+ ONLY IN USA.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41798/USA/

29-Watch_Dogs (Wii U): 31,376

Is IMPOSSIBLE less of 30,000 GLOBAL fisrt week.

What? Its impossible for US gamers to cancel their pre-order?

These are the numbers we have. by the way, is it impossible for more people to pre order it in the next 4 months?

Sure...

Around the Network

Oh people, using vgchartzs pre order numbers? You've got to be kidding me.

OT.: It's gonna sell bad, I'm don't feel like going into more detail.

gonna be about 150k ltd
project cars should do better since thats the big racing game the wii u has and is anticipated mostly on(with pc) for the holidays(not including 8)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

ghettoglamour said:
0k - 0k -0k -0k

If you think it's going to be cancelled, say so. This post reeks of trolling otherwise.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Given Ubi's treatment of the Wii U version, 200k would be a success. I predict 100k lifetime. But most of the sales will come a couple of months after launch, because most people know Ubisoft games go on sale fast.

EDIT: Didn't consider Black Friday. That's where it'll get the most steam after Week 1.

Around the Network

To find a game that sold more than 250K you have to get into the top 20 Wii U games sold. By the time this releases it will have already been out 6 months or so, and will be easily be found for 20-30, you can already find it <$50 just a month after release already. With that in mind, and seeing a lot of popular franchises like Batman Arkham, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect 3 hovering around 150K I would say best case it sells lifetime 120K-160K.

There is no reason to pickup the game on the Wii U unless that is the only console you ever plan to have this generation and don't mind paying full price for something that you can have 6 months earlier on another console, or at the Wii U release date for 20-30 cheaper on another console.

MegaManX said:

To find a game that sold more than 250K you have to get into the top 20 Wii U games sold. By the time this releases it will have already been out 6 months or so, and will be easily be found for 20-30, you can already find it <$50 just a month after release already. With that in mind, and seeing a lot of popular franchises like Batman Arkham, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect 3 hovering around 150K I would say best case it sells lifetime 120K-160K.

There is no reason to pickup the game on the Wii U unless that is the only console you ever plan to have this generation and don't mind paying full price for something that you can have 6 months earlier on another console, or at the Wii U release date for 20-30 cheaper on another console.

The people do not know what does si mean the word "lifetime".

Assassin's Creed III have sold 93,000 in 2012, 133,000 in 2013, and for now 28,000 in 2014...

The game have constance of 1,000 on week, so, they will sell 400,000 lifetime.

AC IV will sell 500,000.

COD BO2 and COD Ghost will sell 350,000.

Batman Arkam Origin's will sell 420,000.

Mass effect 3 will sell 300,000.

Splinter cell Blacklist will sell 120,000.

This is LIFETIME. Not 1/2 year...

Watch Dogs will sell 250,000-300,000 this year, and 700,000-800,000 LIFETIME.

Mr Khan said:
ghettoglamour said:
0k - 0k -0k -0k

If you think it's going to be cancelled, say so. This post reeks of trolling otherwise.

Wow. Certain fans of certain companies are very sensible these days. I'm sorry.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

drake_tolu said:
MegaManX said:

The people do not know what does si mean the word "lifetime".

Assassin's Creed III have sold 93,000 in 2012, 133,000 in 2013, and for now 28,000 in 2014...

The game have constance of 1,000 on week, so, they will sell 400,000 lifetime.

AC IV will sell 500,000.

COD BO2 and COD Ghost will sell 350,000.

Batman Arkam Origin's will sell 420,000.

Mass effect 3 will sell 300,000.

Splinter cell Blacklist will sell 120,000.

This is LIFETIME. Not 1/2 year...

Watch Dogs will sell 250,000-300,000 this year, and 700,000-800,000 LIFETIME.

I think you are being way to optimistic. Batman AO for instance sits at 165K, it's only sold 30K of that this year, which means it's barely selling more than 1000 copies ON AVERAGE but more than likely less still.  And with new inerations of most of these franchises, it's not like they are going to print more copies of these games for the Wii U than what they already produced.  

Mass Effect 3 sits at 141K, it has been out for 18 months, you even say in the comments for this game that it will only sell 200K, no more.  

SC Blacklist is done, at 62K, it only sold 15K this year, it will not double its first year sales, not in 3 years or ever, if it can only muster 500 copies a week on average this year it will drop off, more than likely you won't find this game new in stores anymore.  

Same can be said for the other games you mentioned, COD and AC will have newer versions coming out soon which will eat up any sales of the older games.  

These third party games have limited productions.  There is no reason to look at the sales data and have these companies make half a million copies when only 20 games have broken 250K sales so far.  Sure there will be some lingering sales for these games but it's small, and will drop off.  I see you've left comments on these games, even the figures you hope for are poor, but they are actually over optimistic.  These games aren't the first party Nintendo games that can sell for years.  These are third party games that don't sell because the majority of Wii U owners will have an xbox or ps to buy these games cheaper and with more features.  

It'll be lucky if it does 50k first week. After that 25-30k, 20k, 15k for weeks 2-4

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.