By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dog Wii U sales prediction

drake_tolu said:
phaedruss said:
Zero999 said:

It releases in november. The exact week is needed for a more accurate prediction but, here it goes:

week 1: 200k  week 2: 60k  week 3: 40k  week 4: 23k ... big drop after holidays and legs out another 200k or so for it's ltd.

Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 barely sold 200k lifetime so far.

AC III 250,000

AC IV 180,000

AC III will sell 400,000 lifetime

And AC IV 500,000...

Yea thanks, that's what I said. Though I doubt they'll sell much more at this point especially AC III. I don't know where you expect all of these extra sales to come from after 1 or 2 years respectively.

Around the Network

1 - 50k

2 - 15k

3 - 10k

4 - 5k

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It doesn't have release date so I don't know, gonna guess.
1. 100k
2. 15k
3. 9k
4. 5k

I say someone is optimistic. I'd me amazed at 100k. A solid 50k aufter 4 weeks sounds ok.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I would be mildly surprised if it manages to sell more than the pc hard copies.

Around the Network

I have a feeling that this will do relatively good, taking into account the extremely late launch and the bad history of mature and 3rd party games on Nintendo and specifically WiiU

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

0k - 0k -0k -0k

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

1st week-45k

2nd week-12k

3rd week-7k

4th week-3k

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

1st week - 70k
2nd week - 38k
3rd week - 14k
4th week - 29k (Black Friday week)

Since it is releasing in the fall/holiday season, it has a chance to leg out decently. But I think concerns over the strength of the game's story and the overall lateness of of the game will hold some buyers back. Ultra ninty fans will buy it purely for the cause of saving 3rd party support, but will probably end up spreading good word of mouth for the game's incredible open-world mechanics. I'm looking forward to the possibility of unique GamePad functions, but I'm keeping my expectations at fairly conservative level.

One thing to certainly look out for: nearly every new release gets a huge 200%+ boost for Black Friday sales. I predict the game comes out in late October. Ubisoft will shoot themselves in the foot by releasing within a week of Bayonetta 2 -- which I hope will do far better.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

KLXVER said:
drake_tolu said:

Boys, the game have NOW 30K+ ONLY IN USA.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41798/USA/

29-Watch_Dogs (Wii U): 31,376

Is IMPOSSIBLE less of 30,000 GLOBAL fisrt week.

What? Its impossible for US gamers to cancel their pre-order?

These are the numbers we have. by the way, is it impossible for more people to pre order it in the next 4 months?