By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kids React to Game Boy!

What did you think of their reactions?

Great - as expected 10 11.11%

Great - and I was surprised 7 7.78%

Okay - as expected 28 31.11%

Okay - and I was surprised 11 12.22%

Bad - as expected 31 34.44%

Bad - and I was surprised 3 3.33%

Total:90
Augen said:
sethnintendo said:

Liked some of the reactions but the ipad/ipod (touch, buttons suck) comments were cringe worthy.

Easily the part that makes me feel old. I find touch controls to be unresponsive and clunky next to the precision of buttons. If I can, I always choose trusty buttons.

Yep, I prefer buttons any day.  The only time I find semi use for touch seems to be item inventory management such as in games like Animal Crossing for selecting/dragging items in inventory.  Touch can be used decent in some games but I stick to buttons considering buttons/analog works for most games which can't be said about touch.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Liked some of the reactions but the ipad/ipod (touch, buttons suck) comments were cringe worthy.

I don't know how someone could possibly prefer touch controls over buttons! Kids these days are........special to say at least.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

sethnintendo said:
Augen said:
sethnintendo said:

Easily the part that makes me feel old. I find touch controls to be unresponsive and clunky next to the precision of buttons. If I can, I always choose trusty buttons.

Yep, I prefer buttons any day.  The only time I find semi use for touch seems to be item inventory management such as in games like Animal Crossing for selecting/dragging items in inventory.  Touch can be used decent in some games but I stick to buttons considering buttons/analog works for most games which can't be said about touch.

Some games work better with touch controls, while others do so with buttons. Depends on the gameplay.

There is no better than other, it just depends.

spemanig said:
Ultrashroomz said:

It was the game that came with the Game Boy, and is pretty much the first game people think of when some one mentions the Game Boy. I would've prefered if they used Super Mario Land instead, but Tetris is still a good choice.

No. Pokemon is what most people think of when someone mentions the Gameboy.

Kids would notice Pokemon hasn't changed much since then... I kid, I kid.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

DolPhanTendo said:

This is a great example of why technology and my generation's parenting is ruining our kids future of socializing and basically respect for past generations. I think four kids actually showed some kind of respect and knowledge of how technology changes. I remember being a young child through the eighties and my adolescence and teen years in the nineties and always understood the past technology was COOL! Like the old rotary style phones, black and white T.V.s, old film projectors, etc. Finding them not Garbage or a Waste like most these kids were saying shows there true laziness and lack of basic intellect, which is common sense.

Granted there were few kids a little too young but you can tell that they are the same path as most those kids. MY GENERATION PARENTING SKILLS SUCK and that is the main problem. I see all the time kids not taught to respect adults, parents trying to be the cool parents and be there friends, and lastly parents passing on technology to keep them busy instead of playing with their kids or having their children go outside.

You know how annoying it is when you soon to be 10 year old daughter keeps bugging for a smart phone because Susy at school just got one and you have to say no you will not get one until you are in high school. Even then it will be a standard flip phone for phone calls and texting.

Yes, I'm sure the rather impressive Asian kid was brought up with manners and respect. The chubby Italian boy looked like a spoilt brat who wouldn't appreciate anything anyway. Poor parenting, amongst other things, has a lot to answer for.