By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 vs Mario 3D World

?

Mario Kart 8 203 55.77%

Mario 3D World 161 44.23%

Total:364
vkaraujo said:
AZWification said:

Is The Wonderful 101 really that good?  I haven't played the game yet!

The game is very good and a lot of fun.
The only problem for me is the camera that zoom in during some odd times, but you can zoom out with a single button.

Eh, that doesn't sound like such a huge issue!  I'm a Platinum Games fan, so hopefully I'll get to play it soon...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I can't chose both :(

I'm giving it to Mario Kart 8 purely because of replayability.

Actually, also because it's a lot more fun.

I choose 3D World. That decision was pretty hard because I think both games have more or less great graphics,  fun gameplay, cool new features, replayability, multiplayer possibilities and awesome soundtracks. 3D world is better in my eyes because of more levels and more singleplayer opportunities.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Well, it's my favourite 3D Mario vs. my favourite Mario Kart. They're not the most groundbreaking ones, but the most fun ones.

I chose 3D World because it's more polished. MK8 has some things that should be patched.

Around the Network

To me Super Mario 3D World is the much better game. Mario Kart 8 played it way too safe. I mean to me and to most people it's mindless multiplayer fun just like Call of Duty was mindless multiplayer fun back in the day. I certainly wouldn't praise it as some amazing experience.

I understand some people play these games competitively and could enjoy them for that. Nothing against that, I just prefer other games for competitive play.

AZWification said:
zippy said:
curl-6 said:

Part of the tragedy of the games industry is that good games often sell worse than less deserving ones.

Correct, a prime example is The Wonderful 101. Its a crime such a brilliant game gets outsold by stuff like EA Sports.

Its one of the freshest gaming experiences ive had, it does have a learning curve however....be it drawing the shapes, working out the best unite morph for certain enemies and gaining upgrades to assist you. But the further you progress the better you and stronger you become, and it becomes so rewarding. Think of an amazing boss battle, then multiply it by 10, add some acid and you get Wonderful 101.

zippy said:
AZWification said:

Its one of the freshest gaming experiences ive had, it does have a learning curve however....be it drawing the shapes, working out the best unite morph for certain enemies and gaining upgrades to assist you. But the further you progress the better you and stronger you become, and it becomes so rewarding. Think of an amazing boss battle, then multiply it by 10, add some acid and you get Wonderful 101.

Well, that last part sounds pretty damn convincing! I will get W101 after I am done with MK8!

AZWification said:
zippy said:
AZWification said:

Well, that last part sounds pretty damn convincing! I will get W101 after I am done with MK8!

Highly recommended, but if for some reason you dont like it please dont shout at me lol :)

zippy said:
AZWification said:

Highly recommended, but if for some reason you dont like it please dont shout at me lol :)

Don't worry about that! I am not some kind of a cranky asshole!