By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 To Sell 10M WW From July-Jan? - Update Final 9.8M Sold... Who's Your Daddy

How Much Will The PS4 Sell In This Time Period

10 252 38.83%

8M 124 19.11%

7M 99 15.25%

6M 83 12.79%

<6M 90 13.87%

Total:648

Im calling 6, even though it is the fastest selling console it is also more front loaded at the $400 price point.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
With what games?

It doesn't need a specific game to do this. Just a combination of exclusives, indies and superior multiplats. That's likely the reason why the first 8 million have bought it so far.

CGI-Quality said:
hudsoniscool said:
With what games?

If we go that route, what games pushed it to 8 million in just under 6 months? inFAMOUS, Killzone, and Knack? If so, then nobody should ever discount them as system pushers. Since we know not a single game would have done that, certainly not any of those, the answer becomes clear - a combination of substantial factors (something the next 6 months will also provide in a very simmilar fashion). 

The only thing different for the holidays is there's now a cheaper X1 SKU. Destiny, LBP 3, and TLOU Remastered will still push a decent amount of units, though. I'm calling 7 million, give or take.

I agree about 7 million, and I think that is a great number. But to do 10 million yes games matter. If it had uncharted, god of war 4, and gran turismo this holiday it would do 10 million from here till the end of the year.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Blood_Tears said:
hudsoniscool said:
With what games?

It doesn't need a specific game to do this. Just a combination of exclusives, indies and superior multiplats. That's likely the reason why the first 8 million have bought it so far.

It won't do 10 million over the next 6 months with indies, and superior multiplats that the 90% would never tell the differance. And the reason it's at 8 million now is 2 reasons price and perception.

to do 10 million yes it needs big games like uncharted, gran turismo, and god of war 4. Or every single big game like far cry, assassins creed, call of duty, destiny, dragon age would have to drop last gen releases and only do next gen. It will only do 7 million the rest of the year(which is great) 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

lolno

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
novasonic said:
4-5 million between now and Jan 1st 2015 max.

A supply constrained PS4 did over 4M between nov-dec. And you somehow believe that with a new white sku incoming, the whole of oct-dec fall season... the PS4 will be unable to sell more than 5M worldwide? And your prediction is even 5M for the rest of the year?

Get ready to be very disappointed.

guys it might fall short of 10M like in the 9-10M range but i feel that 9M wouldnt be as a dramatic title for the OP and really wanted the double digits

but anything less than 9M i feel is low balling it i believe that both ps3 and 360 in the yrs of 2010 and 11 sold 10M from july to dec and when looking at there jan-june sales they were very close to what the PS4 has done this yr and keep in mind that the PS4 was supply constrained during those months so its certainly a realistic goal

the ps3 and 360 also did that while being 2nd and 3rd as far as marketshare goes for those yrs, aswell as fighting each other its clear the WiiU and Xb1 wont pose as much of a threat marketshare wise against the PS4 this yr and even gen

you can argue that the ps4 wont have heavy hittin AAA exclusives like uncharted but i feel that gta5 CODAW and density will pick up the slack

Play Me

It should do anywhere from 9 - 11M from now to the end of the year. The gap on 3rd party games is going to be more noticable and consistant, and social media is going to be all over it. Sony has a massive update to multimedia coming before the end of the year as announced at CES. They also will have major game announcements at Gamescom, and TGS that will push sales.

Next gen consoles are going to get a full on marketing push this holiday being the first year games are at a minimum released day and date. Maybe even see some of the Titanfall effect taking place, PS360 games being delayed a month to help even more.

I see the Destiny Bundle lighting the fire, and then a GTA5 Bundle, and COD performance gap being the fuel, and the accelerent that drive massive sales through the end of the year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Why would you skip 9 million as a poll choice? I would've picked that instead of 10 million.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

15m by the end of the year is dead on and would be very impressive.