By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - This is a real rock band! REAL ROCK MUSIC

Hmmm...

Well, if you want an accessible, catchy real rock song (with actual great musicianship), try this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqP76XWHQI0

Around the Network

Everyone has their styles. This is mine.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I actually like that song! I know they're just a boy band in disguise but damn that song is catchy.

And it seems like it's gonna be on JD 2015, so yay.

I have also developed a liking for this style as well. Yes, I am also into much more aged music, but I can't just stick to the old. I like a lot of Ville Vallo stuff too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

you guys don't have too be mean about it

Around the Network

Honestly, as far as mainstream music goes, it actually is some-what influenced by the rock genre. In 2014, Rock is basically dead in the mainstream radio world. It's kind of sad really :(

Ps3 said:
prayformojo said:
I think it's safe to say the OP is a troll. His/her threads are always so unrealistic that I think, at least imo, it's quite obvious. The extreme views, black and white mentality and controversial nature of it all is a dead give away.

Excuse me? I've been a member on this forum for ALMOST 6 YEARS, I've been here longer than 90% of the people who are claiming I'm a troll. I've been on this forum for 6 YEARS and I wouldn't be a troll this long. Just because I have an opinion that differs from yours doesn't mean that I'm a troll. You should really learn to respect other people's opinions, because your opinion isn't always right, you know? I think you're being realy selfish.

"Your legendary favorite bands could learn a thing or two." - Because that wasn't a troll comment? People respect others opinions on this site, but when you're making comments that are border line lunacy or what is coming off as stealth trolling, then common sense should dictate that people are going to respond negatively.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Ps3 said:
Burek said:
Ps3 said:

If a song could get me pregnant, and I had a uterus, it would be this song. This is real rock music. Being so dead serious <33 She looks so perfect by 5 Seconds Of Summer. Your legendary favorite bands could learn a thing or two. This song has an amazing melody and is super cool. Sooo catchy and real.

http://youtu.be/X2BYmmTI04I

Sorry to inform you, but just because a boy band is filmed holding guitars doesn't make this rock. Toot has a great video example, I suggest looking up Therapy?, Helmet, System of a Down, Stone Temple Pilots and many more to learn what real rock is...

The guy from System Of A Down has the ugliest singing voice ever... He is horrible. Stone Temple Pilots have 1 okay song, but overall 5 Seconds Of Summer rule every single one of those bands. It's not even a compeition.

I wasn't trying to argue your taste in music, I was just trying to point out that the music those boys are lipsincing to is not even remotely Rock, and should not be classified as such just because they use guitars as props.

Same as nobody would call it hip-hop if they had decided to wear gold chains and low-hanging shorts.

Heh, noobs.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Serious or not, allow me to start a new chapter in your life:

Eww, I don't like it.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!