By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft XBOX 360 HD-DVD Add-on price dropped to fifty bucks.

[Via Kotaku]

Xbox 360 HD DVD Drops To $50

Now that Microsoft has officially announced the death of their HD DVD add-on for the Xbox 360, the only thing left to do is to sweep the technological corpses out of warehouses. So here's the big deal we warned you about back in January—Microsoft is officially dropping their HD DVD add-on price to $50 starting tomorrow (though many retailers have already jumped the gun). So buy one, keep it sealed and in 100 years, you might have a collector's item (or just a very nice e-paper weight).

Hurry up everyone! Now is the time to get this worthless player.

Discuss.

Around the Network

Well who would buy it :s?

konnichiwa said:
Well who would buy it :s?

LOL.  No one?

What does :s mean? 

Amazon charges more and people are buying it like crazy. Look at the video game movers and shakers list on Amazon. I guess people figure it is a good deal to get a DVD upscaler that also plays (what will soon be) cheap HD DVDs and likely comes with at least 1 HD DVD for free.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

lol ... this allways happenes when a format or a console dies ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Ohhhh the burning of the fire sale!!!! The BURNING!!! (Arrested Development reference if you didn't catch it).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

well...you might as well get one if our a collector after all some good movies made it to HD DVD and you will be able to pick them up cheap here soon

^^ Absolutely. Pick one up for cheap if you have a 360, then pick up a few dozen movies for pennies on the dollar when the HD DVD movie firesales hit full swing. Then buy a Blu-ray player when they become reasonably priced and buy prospective movies only in Blu-ray. A savvy buyer could save a heck of a lot of money that way.

You know, if you snagged one now, you would get King Kong and the media remote, which also works on TVs, as well as your 360 - plus, you can get the 5 free movie deal - as long as the receipt states you bought it before the 28th - in a few days. Not a bad deal at all. I am gonna snag another and use another address to get this deal. Sweet ... it would be great to have a backup drive if my HD DVD player goes out.

Yeah, I'm gonna have a grip of movies for the drive after it's all said and done ... not to mention the fire sales for cheap movies ... sign me up!

50 bucks for an upscaling DVD player isn't bad at all. And the free HD-DVD movies make this a steal, if that deal is still going.