By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - June 2014: Dont Doubt Mario Kart 8 Edition

since i have been banned for my quoting trees i've decided to report other quoting trees just to see how it goes

edit : done, including a mod - let's see if the mods apply the ban hammer evenly

Around the Network
fighter said:

since i have been banned for my quoting trees i've decided to report other quoting trees just to see how it goes

edit : done, including a mod - let's see if the mods apply the ban hammer evenly

In the rare occasion that someone does get banned for quote trees, it comes after numerous times being asked or warned to cut them out.

If the person you reported had no previous warnings, wall posts or pms, dont expect a ban. Same goes for yourself... Im gonna go ahead and assume that you had fair warning and ignored it, so you were eventually banned.

Carl2291 said:
fighter said:

In the rare occasion that someone does get banned for quote trees, it comes after numerous times being asked or warned to cut them out.

If the person you reported had no previous warnings, wall posts or pms, dont expect a ban. Same goes for yourself... Im gonna go ahead and assume that you had fair warning and ignored it, so you were eventually banned.

i haven't been warned at all regarding the quoting trees

it was probably justified for a "condescending attitude" which is even funnier as it could apply subjectively anywhere :

You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Other

(Quote trees and condescending attitude.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid

future moderation action. Banned: 1 days

the "reference" post : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6374414

fighter said:
Carl2291 said:

it was probably justified for a "condescending attitude" which is even funnier as it could apply subjectively anywhere :

(Quote trees and condescending attitude.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid

Yeah, it looks more like a ban for the attitude than the quote tree.  You were barely one quote too many, they definitely wouldnt ban you for that without a warning.  This looks more like a warning for quote trees combined with a ban for your attitude to me.  

why is selnor banned for alternate id? on his og profile it says he can come back whenuva he wants with a new account

Around the Network
Turkish said:
why is selnor banned for alternate id? on his og profile it says he can come back whenuva he wants with a new account

selnor's first account did have a self-requested permaban but that account abandonned in favor of the selnor1983 account. That new account quickly amassed enough bans to "earn" a permaban so now selnor is not allowed to come back at all.

Signature goes here!

gergroy said:
fighter said:

Yeah, it looks more like a ban for the attitude than the quote tree.  You were barely one quote too many, they definitely wouldnt ban you for that without a warning.  This looks more like a warning for quote trees combined with a ban for your attitude to me.  

could you please look at the thread and tell me if my attitude was ban-worthy ?

fighter said:
gergroy said:

Yeah, if I was a mod I would have probably done the same thing, sorry.  You only seemed to be causing trouble in that thread... The sarcasm in your posts was a little over the line, especially the you are smart parts (where you actually are implying the opposite...)

fighter said:
gergroy said:
fighter said:

Gonna have to agree with what others have said here. The ban seems to be more for the attitude in the thread with the quote trees being a warning bundled with it as well.

However I did see your reports and trim the quote trees and deal out messages and warnings as appropriate. But quote tree bans are very, very rare. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
fighter said:
gergroy said:

Gonna have to agree with what others have said here. The ban seems to be more for the attitude in the thread with the quote trees being a warning bundled with it as well.

However I did see your reports and trim the quote trees and deal out messages and warnings as appropriate. But quote tree bans are very, very rare. 

seems weird to me but i don't doubt your sincerity

i guess even within western cultures there are very different standards