By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita no longer available at major retailers!

Cheebee said:
Well, it doesn't seem likely anything could turn around Vita's fate at this point. If anything, Sony should be commended for recognizing a hopeless case when they see one; PS4 is doing great, so it's likely they'll want to focus all their efforts/budget on that, instead of on Vita, which hasn't gained any traction after 2.5 years on the market. It only makes sense.

Toke my thoughts straight out of my brain, LOL.

Its like we're Troy & Abed from Community.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
ganoncrotch said:
Kaizar said:

R.I.P. Monochromatic 2D Handheld gaming, unless it's on your cell phone or tablet or Labtop.

That word you are using... I do not think it means, what you think it means.

http://www.google.com/search?q=provigil&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=monochromatic+3D+converted+2D

Thats nice.

edit - if unclear I'm not going sifting through a google search to find what you might have been referring to, chuck a wiki link if you want to whatever it is you were trying to say.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Conina said:
Dark Chaos said:
ganoncrotch said:
Dark Chaos said:
I have never seen Nintendo or MS drop support for a system this quickly. Its a troubling sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista < 24 months of version updates

I said system.

Vista is a software not a system

Microsoft Kin: 48 days. Better?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/technology/01phone.html?_r=0

Oh yea, forgot about this. Guess I was wrong.

Conina said:
Dark Chaos said:
ganoncrotch said:
Dark Chaos said:
I have never seen Nintendo or MS drop support for a system this quickly. Its a troubling sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista < 24 months of version updates

I said system.

Vista is a software not a system

Microsoft Kin: 48 days. Better?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/technology/01phone.html?_r=0

2 years in development for 48days on the market.... jesus for every 15 days they spent on it, it was on sale for 1.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kaizar said:
Cheebee said:
Well, it doesn't seem likely anything could turn around Vita's fate at this point. If anything, Sony should be commended for recognizing a hopeless case when they see one; PS4 is doing great, so it's likely they'll want to focus all their efforts/budget on that, instead of on Vita, which hasn't gained any traction after 2.5 years on the market. It only makes sense.

Kaizar and Cheebee in the eeeeeevening! Let's head over to the dreamatorium and play out a scenario where both Vita and Wii U are market leaders.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Kaizar said:
Cheebee said:

Kaizar and Cheebee in the eeeeeevening! Let's head over to the dreamatorium and play out a scenario where both Vita and Wii U are market leaders.

LOL. I was just thinking the first bolded one.

The dreamatorium part is a nice touch.

I wish they did more with the parallel time lines. What was done in the show could have been their evil counterparts via a dreastate during dark times, and the movie can be them using evil Steven Hawkings to travel to the prime timeline for real.

Kaizar said:

LOL. I was just thinking the first bolded one.

The dreamatorium part is a nice touch.

I wish they did more with the parallel time lines. What was done in the show could have been their evil counterparts via a dreastate during dark times, and the movie can be them using evil Steven Hawkings to travel to the prime timeline for real.

Stop derailing the thread! XD

... Ah, such a good show.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I just bought mine from game stop yesterday. So maybe for some places, but if anything they are selling all there PS vita 1000s that they shipped and then refill with the 2000s

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Interesting... I havn't really checked for the vita specifically but if this is true... Then Lolz at Sony

Maybe they are doing a ps4 bundle with the vita or just going to promote the vita tv and discontinue the vita in the west although I do feel that discontinuing the vita is a really bad move if they are thinking to do it but I doubt they are though

But oh well... If something doesn't sell, this happens so I wouldn't doubt it

Why is discontinuing the vita a bad move? If anything I think it was a bad move to even make the vita to begin with. I see no reason why they should keep making hardware that is making them bleed out money. Get rid of it and pour everything on the playstation side into PS4 success.

If I were sony, I would get rid of the vita then focus heavily on PS4, mobile phones and tablets. No point supporting hardware that is failing as hard as the vita....the dedicated handheld market just isn't big enough for two major players.

Intrinsic said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Interesting... I havn't really checked for the vita specifically but if this is true... Then Lolz at Sony

Maybe they are doing a ps4 bundle with the vita or just going to promote the vita tv and discontinue the vita in the west although I do feel that discontinuing the vita is a really bad move if they are thinking to do it but I doubt they are though

But oh well... If something doesn't sell, this happens so I wouldn't doubt it

Why is discontinuing the vita a bad move? If anything I think it was a bad move to even make the vita to begin with. I see no reason why they should keep making hardware that is making them bleed out money. Get rid of it and pour everything on the playstation side into PS4 success.

If I were sony, I would get rid of the vita then focus heavily on PS4, mobile phones and tablets. No point supporting hardware that is failing as hard as the vita....the dedicated handheld market just isn't big enough for two major players.

I agree with Intrinsic there.

But there is room for 2 Handhelds in that market, it's just that Nintendo has made too many changes for talentless people to keep up.

The Home Console market's future might end the same way in the next 10 years tops. I think there might already maybe not be room for 3 Home Consoles this Gen by that logic.

Well, that was my 2¢.

@Cheebee

I was just doing it that one time. Sorry for any worries.