By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Wii U get a price drop and how much?

Price Cut When and How much?

$50 this year 2014 148 32.17%

$75 this year 2014 17 3.70%

$100 this year 2014 29 6.30%

$50 first half 2015 106 23.04%

$75 first half 2015 3 0.65%

$100 first half 2015 4 0.87%

$50 last half 2015 101 21.96%

$75 last half 2015 6 1.30%

$100 last half 2015 9 1.96%

$50-$100 2016 or after 37 8.04%

Total:460
QuintonMcLeod said:
Bfriedli said:

I think Nintendo needs a price drop bad.  It's not a "gamers" console that has lower specs then PS4 or XB1.  It has a 32bg hd vs 500gb. PS4 & XB1 are $399 after getting a external 500gb HD for Wii U it's $375. I believe they need a price cut bad.  If you agree how much and when do you think they will.  If you don't think they need a price cut, why not?

You guys are still going on about this?

I doubt we'll see another price drop if Nintendo just recently stopped bleeding money by the Wii U. If you think the Wii U is too expensive with a huge backlog of games while the PS4/Xbone are the perfect price with very few games, then the issue is not the Wii U's price.

Well yes, it's the games then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Holidays, $50. They'd be crazy not to imo

QuintonMcLeod said:
Bfriedli said:

I think Nintendo needs a price drop bad.  It's not a "gamers" console that has lower specs then PS4 or XB1.  It has a 32bg hd vs 500gb. PS4 & XB1 are $399 after getting a external 500gb HD for Wii U it's $375. I believe they need a price cut bad.  If you agree how much and when do you think they will.  If you don't think they need a price cut, why not?

You guys are still going on about this?

I doubt we'll see another price drop if Nintendo just recently stopped bleeding money by the Wii U. If you think the Wii U is too expensive with a huge backlog of games while the PS4/Xbone are the perfect price with very few games, then the issue is not the Wii U's price.

What huge backlog? The issue is the corelation between the price and the games released and upcoming. The tiny list of games might I add and no 3rd party support. Wii U has the bleakest future out of the 3 no matter how you spin it, thus isn't worth as much money.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

TomaTito said:

Just noticed it's all IFs, where are the ELSEs?

Just found an ELSE, thanks Scisca, didn't notice before!

ELSE:
   Since there is a tiny list of games, the 32gb will last you a lifetime.
END

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

$50 in 2015, though there will be bundles Holiday 2014. Considering the Mario Kart 8 sales spike, Super Smash Bros coming out this holiday, and statements by Nintendo, it seems unrealistic to expect a price drop this year.

They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Around the Network

To be honest after fantastic sales with Mario Kart 8, why should they drop the price? I just think if the price was the problem, they wouldn't of had such good sales due to the game. Always really needed was the right software.

I am thinking it will be a $30 prine drop wil be next to $279.99. That is usually where they go before they go to the $249.99 mark

Problem is they don't have to have a price drop. People saying it's too late or too little or they have to drop it is what you think. All they proved was it needed the right software to sell their hardware. If the price was the issue then it wouldn't have gone down so well with Mario Kart 8.

Really they don't have to have a price drop at all, just helpful sometimes because people don't always want to open their wallets. Problem is even if they have a price drop, people will still complain until it's free. Do I think they will have a price drop? Maybe, but probably only during the holidays or just do a bundle for the same price they sell it as, but put more in it like Smash can come with the new Gamecube controller and adaptor. Up to Nintendo, but I have no issue with the price. Still the cheapest, graphics isn't a problem to me because recent Nintendo games look gorgeous anyway.

Scisca said:
It needs a $70 cut ASAP. The thing just isn't worth the asking price and never was. A Nintendo console can never cost more than $250. Never. Now considering just how close to being dead Wii U is, they need to go lower, at least to $229, so that their product "pretty much" costs half of what the competition costs. I'm sure it'd pick up steam and sell really well this Holiday if they cut the price like that. People don't want more value in a bundle, they want to see a lower price.

It really doesn't though. With the Mario Kart 8 bundle, which costs $330, the Wii U itself only costs $160 dollars. And a refurbished Wii U costs only $200. Either of those options puts the Wii U in the price range you requested.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

TomaTito said:
TomaTito said:

Just noticed it's all IFs, where are the ELSEs?

Just found an ELSE, thanks Scisca, didn't notice before!

ELSE:
   Since there is a tiny list of games, the 32gb will last you a lifetime.
END

De nada

To tell the truth, a bit more memory would be nice to see, but then again - my Wii had just 512 MB and I never felt the need to upgrade. I kinda feel it will be the same with Wii U. Extra memory wouldn't make the console more attractive, a lower price would. 12GB version is too small, but 32GB would be ok for me, I wouldn't buy anything on the eshop till it's tied to the console and not an account either way.

On the other hand, I didn't have a problem filling up my 320 GB disc on PS3, so 500GB on PS4/XO seems ridiculously small, kinda like the 20GB PS3 were back in the day. Though obviously PS4 isn't that much of a problem, you can swap it for 2 TB anytime, but XO without the option of removing the disc... Heh, MS...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.