By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your worst gaming purchase and why?

Wii U. Bought it for $250 and got Super Mario 3D World, N.SMBU, and Mario&Sonic. Played for about a week, then stopped for 3 months. Got Mario Kart 8 to see if it would hold my interest. It didn't. Sold all 4 of those to get my 2nd Xbox One.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

I'd probably have to say my PS3. I've spent more time downloading OS / PSN store updates and watching Bluray movies than I ever have gaming on the thing.

Welfare said:
Sold all 4 of those to get my 2nd Xbox One.

Conina said:
Welfare said:
Sold all 4 of those to get my 2nd Xbox One.

They should have kept it at 1.

Around the Network

Playstation Vita. Bought it in June, hated pretty much every game and discovered that portable gaming would never be for me, sold it in September.  Also 007 Nightfire for Gameboy Advance God it was horrible

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Conina said:
They should have kept it at 1.

But, they did two ;) (And a third!)

My Xbox 360.

It broke after 6 years.

It's my only console that has ever broke down on me.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I bought($50) what was billed as a GTA MMO game "APB" it was by the guys behind the first crackdown. I didnt get to play it and within 3 months the game folded and the servers were shut down until it was later released as a F2P game. I still have the sealed copy rotting in my attic.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Ultraman: Towards the Future for SNES. When I was a kid I had a choice between that and Joe & Mac, and for some unknown reason I picked the former. I've never forgiven myself.

With a name like Ultraman, I think most of us would have made that same choice. ;) But Joe & Mac is classic.

OT: For me, it was my 3DS. Not because it's a  bad system, but because I bought one from my nephew a couple of months ago for $100 to help him out. What he didn't tell me is that the R button doesn't work. Coincedentally, I've been waiting until this very day, July 1, to register it to Club Nintendo to get my points counted toward the new fiscal year, and most importantly, to try to get it fixed for free.