By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

It's an easy way to earn extra cash without putting in much effort

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Blob said:
Burek said:
Blob said:
It's basically a game of the year edition, except on a different console. Can't really complain but it is certainly no reason to get a PS4.

Why not? An X360 user who is debating moving into 8th gen, this could be an enticing exclusive, a game acclaimed by critics and users alike. And with a great deal on a bundle, at least in Europe, this could sell really well.

Also, Sony has stated that 30% of PS4 users are new to the brand, so there's an already existing base of some 2 million people. If the game sells to only 20% of them, the game will sell 400K, and Sony will make a neat bundle of cash for a very affordable investment. And I think nobody expects the sales to be that low.

I never believe Sony when it throws it PR around so I certainly don't beleive that 30% of PS4 users are new to the brand, but thats not really the point lol. The last of us is a reason to get a sony console, however it is also on the PS3, the console with a multitude of games that 360 users havent played and is far cheaper.

OK, so how do you explain my desire to purchase this game?  I own a 360, a PS3 and a PS4.  I never played this game on PS3, and despite it being cheaper on PS3, I will buy the PS4 version...WHICH, by the way, includes all of the DLC for no additional cost!

What's so hard in comprehending that some people want to play the BEST VERSION AVAILABLE of a top selling, "AAA", and top RATED game?

It's easy, there are many new PS4 owners that never had a PS3. That's who this game is targeted too, and mega fans of the game too.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

KLXVER said:

Well I dont think GTAV is needed either. Great for PC gamers though. Wind Waker HD is different though. Its a 10 year old SD game. They also fixed many problems people had with it.

How old the game is really doesn't make any difference if they are releasing better version and there is market for it.

When was having more options became a bad thing for consumers?

jnemesh said:
Blob said:
I never believe Sony when it throws it PR around so I certainly don't beleive that 30% of PS4 users are new to the brand, but thats not really the point lol. The last of us is a reason to get a sony console, however it is also on the PS3, the console with a multitude of games that 360 users havent played and is far cheaper.

OK, so how do you explain my desire to purchase this game?  I own a 360, a PS3 and a PS4.  I never played this game on PS3, and despite it being cheaper on PS3, I will buy the PS4 version...WHICH, by the way, includes all of the DLC for no additional cost!

What's so hard in comprehending that some people want to play the BEST VERSION AVAILABLE of a top selling, "AAA", and top RATED game?

I also desire to purchase this game as I decided to wait for a GOTYE and a I haven't turned on my PS4 for a while, it's not hard to comprehend at all. However if I didnt have a ps3 or ps4 id struggle to use it as a convincing reason to buy the PS4 with the value of the PS3 being what it is.

Around the Network

I remember pretty distinctively that everyone and their dog said that TLOU should have been a PS4 game, and that Sony should at least port it after it's incredible success.

Edit: Actually no, i remembered it wrong. People complained and called Sony stupid for not porting it. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:

Well I dont think GTAV is needed either. Great for PC gamers though. Wind Waker HD is different though. Its a 10 year old SD game. They also fixed many problems people had with it.

How old the game is really doesn't make any difference if they are releasing better version and there is market for it.

Since the crash of 83...

HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:

Personally I don't care if there's a market for it or not. I think releasing a remastered version of a year old game is stupid. That's all there is to it really. I don't care if people will buy it, some people will buy anything and get scammed again and again etc.

Lots o people are going to double dip too, I'm gonna.

Rafux said:
Lots o people are going to double dip too, I'm gonna.

Perfect example. "Double dipping" ugh makes me cringe every time someone says this.