By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

You are still missing the point. You don't have to buy the game twice, it is for newcomers first and foremost. On the other hand, WWHD is mainly for the people who own the game. If one of them is greedy, it is the WWHD.

Why is TLOUR for everyone and WWHD only for people who played the GC version?

Ill admit that is kind of bullshit, but I've heard people say that the Zelda Fanbase is pretty inward facing i.e "If you dont like/own/played most/all Zelda games, you're not a real Zelda fan" or something like that. When I get a  Wii U eventually I'll probably have to decide between WWHD and MK8

Well Im not a huge Zelda fan(except for WW) but Ive heard people say they hadnt played the original OOT and loved the 3DS remake.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:

Because the game is new, still expensive, and the console to play it on is still expensive. There are many people who were waiting to play it when the prices come down. Sİnce it is new, there are also a lot of players who have a PS4, wouldn't normally get a pS3 but were considering getting it (or wishing) after the release of this game ( if you don't know, it is rather popular). It requires minimal effort to port the game, so nobody gets hurt in the process. If you follow any gaming forums you'd realize that many PS4 owners want the game to be ported. In this case, not porting it would be a disservice to the many fans, newcomers etc. It doesn't effect the making of new games in any way.

On the other hand, sitting in the studio and saying "hey, let's remake our 8-bit games, so that we don't have to come up new game ideas." is a rather lazy option.

I think we just have to agree to disagree on this one...

michael_stutzer said:

Because the game is new, still expensive, and the console to play it on is still expensive. There are many people who were waiting to play it when the prices come down. Sİnce it is new, there are also a lot of players who have a PS4, wouldn't normally get a pS3 but were considering getting it (or wishing) after the release of this game ( if you don't know, it is rather popular). It requires minimal effort to port the game, so nobody gets hurt in the process

Using that logic, Wind Waker remaster is far more desirable, considering how little units Gamecube sold in comparison to Ps3, not for mentioning that software-wise, The Last of Us sold much more than WW.

"Nobody gets hurt in the process". Also, 8-bit? Are you trolling or being sarcastic?

Wright said:
michael_stutzer said:

Because the game is new, still expensive, and the console to play it on is still expensive. There are many people who were waiting to play it when the prices come down. Sİnce it is new, there are also a lot of players who have a PS4, wouldn't normally get a pS3 but were considering getting it (or wishing) after the release of this game ( if you don't know, it is rather popular). It requires minimal effort to port the game, so nobody gets hurt in the process

Using that logic, Wind Waker remaster is far more desirable, considering how little units Gamecube sold in comparison to Ps3, not for mentioning that software-wise, The Last of Us sold much more than WW.

"Nobody gets hurt in the process". Also, 8-bit? Are you trolling or being sarcastic?

If that many people liked it, they should have got a Gamecube. Being more popular is not TLOU's fault. Many PS3 owners played it, some bought a PS3 for it, and the PS4 gamers who didn't have the chance to get it want it too. I see no problem.

Yes nobody gets hurt in the process. Can you show me how the remastering of TLOU affects the development of other games? Which game got canned? Which game was delayed? Examples please. Why is more people having access to a great game bother you so much? I'd like to help you, talk to me.

michael_stutzer said:

If that many people liked it, they should have got a Gamecube. Being more popular is not TLOU's fault. 

You went towards the complete opposite point I was trying to make. Nobody got hurt with the remake of WW, as well as no one gets hurt with the remaster of TLoU. The same logic applies here, twice.

Did anyone got hurt with the remaster of GUN for the 360? Nope.

How can many people like a game they haven't played? That voids the whole concept of getting a Gamecube. Alternatively, why people who like TLoU doesn't get a Ps3?

Around the Network
Wright said:
michael_stutzer said:

If that many people liked it, they should have got a Gamecube. Being more popular is not TLOU's fault. 

You went towards the complete opposite point I was trying to make. Nobody got hurt with the remake of WW, as well as no one gets hurt with the remaster of TLoU. The same logic applies here, twice.

How can many people like a game they haven't played? That voids the whole concept of getting a Gamecube. Alternatively, why people who like TLoU doesn't get a Ps3?

GUN for the 360 doesnt kill people...people who buy GUN for the 360 kill people...(in the game ofcourse)

Wait a minute, last year what new IPs came out for the PS360? Handhelds and Wii U don't count cause they are 8th gen.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Wait a minute, last year what new IPs came out for the PS360? Handhelds and Wii U don't count cause they are 8th gen.

Beyond: Two Souls?

Wright said:
michael_stutzer said:

Since there were more effort spent on the WWHD since it was remade and some problems were fixed as I've been told, obviously there is a bigger chance that the making of that game had a bigger effect on the making of newer games. TLOU is mostly a "port", which requires less effort. Not my words, it is coming straight out of the mouth of people criticizing the TLOU PS4 version. To answer your last question, the PS3 is still expensive, and the game is also still expensive. People who have the PS4 may not be able to play the game due to this. On the other hand, you could have got a Gamecube and the game for dirt cheap on many occasions throughout the last decade.

As I've said before, I have no problem with the remake of WWHD. I was talking about the "Well, at least Nintendo remakes 10 year old games." attitude. While I have no problem with both approaches, this type of talking doesn't have any merit, and if we throughly investigate the subject, Nintendo's way is comparatively worse is all I am saying. Hope this makes it clearer.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Beyond and Puppeteer (this should have been a summer 2014 PS4 game instead of 2013 PS3 btw, graphics should be easily upgradable and the lack of competition and general activeness of the PS4 community would have guaranteed it far better sales than it got on PS3, Sony messed that up)