By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Blood_Tears said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

It's called magic!

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/25445-sony-31-percent-of-new-playstation-4-owners-hopped-aboard-from-xbox-360-and-wii/

Still doesn't explain how one goes about finding said information.  Tracking sales on one product is understandable but tracking... what person bought what product when and what they buy now? 

Sony pls.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

I am not talking about the technical aspect of it. I'm saying that making your new game available on your current consoles (PS3 and PS4 in this case) is common sense since there are many people who own one but not the other. Since the game recently came out and PS3 is still expensive, there may even be people who were waiting for the prices to come down to purchase them. Porting it makes sense and it should be standard if anything to make sure nobody is left out. On the other hand, reviving a game that was played by every fan ten years ago is out of greed. 

By the way, I am not even saying that remastering really old games is shameful. But there were many people in the thread saying "at least Nintendo rereleases 10 year old games." etc. If you compare the situations that is not a better situation, it is worse.

WWHD is not just a visually upgraded remake of the original. Nintendo actually fixed some problems people had with the original WW and included Upad features to it. They made a great game better. What is added to TLOUR that I cant get with my PS3 copy?

You are still missing the point. You don't have to buy the game twice, it is for newcomers first and foremost. On the other hand, WWHD is mainly for the people who own the game. If one of them is a greedy attempt to milk the name, it is the WWHD.

Richard_Feynman said:
kupomogli said:

Like he said, don't quote him on them having a planned release date, but if they did, they should have been honest and let people know both versions were in development and let thet PS4 version release as a launch title.  Not wait around to get all the suckers to purchase the game for the PS3 and then announce it for the PS4 which a lot of them will purchase again.  Like I said.  I'm not a fan when a company knowingly screws their fanbase over.  Did they?  Maybe, maybe not.  We don't know, but my comment is in reply to his comment what theyy could have did, and I think if they did, it's even worse.

Yeah, poor PS3 owners who got to play the 200 GOTY award winning mega-hit on the console they own more than a year before it's out on PS4.

super sarcasm

And this all whilst not considering that it takes years to plan, fund and develope a game. And that in an extremely turbulent industry. The very fact that you are waving your fist at the small possibility that Sony could at some level have planned for things to work out that way is ridiculous.

michael_stutzer said:

You are still missing the point. You don't have to buy the game twice, it is for newcomers first and foremost. On the other hand, WWHD is mainly for the people who own the game. If one of them is greedy, it is the WWHD.

Why is TLOUR for everyone and WWHD only for people who played the GC version?

IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

It's called magic!

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/25445-sony-31-percent-of-new-playstation-4-owners-hopped-aboard-from-xbox-360-and-wii/

Still doesn't explain how one goes about finding said information.  Tracking sales on one product is understandable but tracking... what person bought what product when and what they buy now? 

Sony pls.

Nielsen Media Research made a survey for them. Asked many people questions like "Did you buy a PS4?",  "Did you have a PS3 before?", "Which consoles do or did you have?", "What was your main console the last years?"

Around the Network
Conina said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:

It's called magic!

Sony pls.

Nielsen Media Research made a survey for them. Asked many people questions like "Did you buy a PS4?",  "Did you have a PS3 before?", "Which consoles do or did you have?", "What was your main console the last years?"

Ahh surveys, they're always accurate.  Excuse my ignorance.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

You are still missing the point. You don't have to buy the game twice, it is for newcomers first and foremost. On the other hand, WWHD is mainly for the people who own the game. If one of them is greedy, it is the WWHD.

Ill admit that is kind of bullshit, but I've heard people say that the Zelda Fanbase is pretty inward facing i.e "If you dont like/own/played most/all Zelda games, you're not a real Zelda fan" or something like that. When I get a  Wii U eventually I'll probably have to decide between WWHD and MK8

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

KLXVER said:
michael_stutzer said:

Because the game is new, still expensive, and the console to play it on is still expensive. There are many people who were waiting to play it when the prices come down. Sİnce it is new, there are also a lot of players who have a PS4, wouldn't normally get a pS3 but were considering getting it (or wishing) after the release of this game ( if you don't know, it is rather popular). It requires minimal effort to port the game, so nobody gets hurt in the process. If you follow any gaming forums you'd realize that many PS4 owners want the game to be ported. In this case, not porting it would be a disservice to the many fans, newcomers etc. It doesn't effect the making of new games in any way.

On the other hand, sitting in the studio and saying "hey, let's remake our 8-bit games, so that we don't have to come up new game ideas." is a rather lazy option.

IkePoR said:

Ahh surveys, they're always accurate.  Excuse my ignorance.

At least more accurate than the weekly VGC-numbers. ;)

KLXVER said:

WWHD is not just a visually upgraded remake of the original. Nintendo actually fixed some problems people had with the original WW and included Upad features to it. They made a great game better. What is added to TLOUR that I cant get with my PS3 copy?

Aside from the graphics upgrade? It includes the DLC, which you are able to get on the PS3, but that would actually cost you over $40 on there.