By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Will XB1 outsell PS4 on 9-4-14, WW?

?

Yes, by a lot of units! 24 10.81%

Hard to tell, a technical tie maybe? 32 14.41%

No. XB1 won't have effec... 165 74.32%

Total:221

Doubtful. Other countries are kind of an afterthought for the Xbox division, especially Japan where the 360 doesn't even come close to breaking triple digits each week.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network

Doubt it. With the PS4 not being so hot at Japan, I don't expect the console having a good launch. Decent launch? Maybe.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I thought this was going to be a thread about some amazing Xbox game that was coming out.  If it were Halo 5 week, then sure, I'd say it would outsell the PS4.  But just on the Japan release?  No.  XBox has no brand at all in Japan.  Burek's right.

Burek said:
It won't even outsell it in Japan.

so xbox one launch nunbers in japan will be sub 10k?

really?

really?

really?

Maybe the if the stars align perfectly.... Destiny is coming out the next week, so maybe some ps4 purchases will put off that week in favor of the white bundle? If microsoft can overcome some of the regional biases, there is a chance of it happening...

poklane said:
If it doesn't outsell the PS4 in the weeks it releases in more markets, they're fucked.

're: sig

Yes you're the only one. The Last of Us needs a online GTA open world competitive vs Call of Duty bro mode forcibly shoe horned into it about as badly as Final Fantasy IV does.

Around the Network

First I would say that Japan is probably the LEAST important market out of the group they are launching in...China is probably the biggest "prize" here...but the problem is that traditionally, Microsoft has struggled in ALL of these countries and territories. Japan is NEVER going to be successful for Xbox...despite MS pandering to the market. The reasons for this are many...from the limited living space most Japanese have (that will not accommodate a Kinect, even if they wanted it, which they most definitely DO NOT...), to the fact that console gaming is on the decline in Japan, with most of the gaming being done on portable consoles and (gasp!) mobile phones.

We also have a situation where Microsoft is facing INCREDIBLE backlash from most of these countries over the NSA scandal...and with the NSA admitting at least that they were "looking into" monitoring Kinect...I doubt many foreign gamers will trust MS and put an Xbox in their home...even if they weren't already biased against Western companies!

Bottom line...there is a REASON that the 360 did not do well in these countries and a reason that MS skipped them with the initial launch of the XB1!

MS fans keep looking to the "next big thing" that will "save" their console...but increasingly it is looking like MS and Xbox One will not recover from the hole they dug for themselves. It's just one more item to get crossed off on the chalkboard!

A decent bump (30K) but would not top PS4

Ugh.......more and more I am just happy to see X1 one day take 2nd and brag how we did it 6+ years faster then PS3 :P.

Taking 1st aint gonna happen. What we can hope for is a sustainable, comfortable 2nd place.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Ugh.......more and more I am just happy to see X1 one day take 2nd and brag how we did it 6+ years faster then PS3 :P.

Taking 1st aint gonna happen. What we can hope for is a sustainable, comfortable 2nd place.

Which would be commendable if the Wii U was even close to being as much competition for 2nd place as the 360 was, as it stands though it comes off more as an extremely weak attempt at a dig at the competition.

DerNebel said:
sales2099 said:

Which would be commendable if the Wii U was even close to being as much competition for 2nd place as the 360 was, as it stands though it comes off more as an extremely weak attempt at a dig at the competition.

That's beside the point, nonetheless the different circumstances makes for a boastful claim, while being funny when one thinks about it from your perspective!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.