By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Will XB1 outsell PS4 on 9-4-14, WW?

?

Yes, by a lot of units! 24 10.81%

Hard to tell, a technical tie maybe? 32 14.41%

No. XB1 won't have effec... 165 74.32%

Total:221

No effect in Japan. If the PS4 is having trouble selling there, the One is going to have even more trouble.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:

First I would say that Japan is probably the LEAST important market out of the group they are launching in...China is probably the biggest "prize" here...but the problem is that traditionally, Microsoft has struggled in ALL of these countries and territories. Japan is NEVER going to be successful for Xbox...despite MS pandering to the market. The reasons for this are many...from the limited living space most Japanese have (that will not accommodate a Kinect, even if they wanted it, which they most definitely DO NOT...), to the fact that console gaming is on the decline in Japan, with most of the gaming being done on portable consoles and (gasp!) mobile phones.

We also have a situation where Microsoft is facing INCREDIBLE backlash from most of these countries over the NSA scandal...and with the NSA admitting at least that they were "looking into" monitoring Kinect...I doubt many foreign gamers will trust MS and put an Xbox in their home...even if they weren't already biased against Western companies!

Bottom line...there is a REASON that the 360 did not do well in these countries and a reason that MS skipped them with the initial launch of the XB1!

MS fans keep looking to the "next big thing" that will "save" their console...but increasingly it is looking like MS and Xbox One will not recover from the hole they dug for themselves. It's just one more item to get crossed off on the chalkboard!

China more important then Japan i don't think maybe the next generation

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

sales2099 said:
Ugh.......more and more I am just happy to see X1 one day take 2nd and brag how we did it 6+ years faster then PS3 :P.

Taking 1st aint gonna happen. What we can hope for is a sustainable, comfortable 2nd place.

Keep hoping...it's going to take a lot more than what MS has to take 2nd away from Nintendo!

the 360 launch was almost 55k. the ps4 outsold xbox by 34k according to vgcz's lastest numbers.

seems at least possible xbox will take that week. ..but this lastest week's numbers is for the launch of the kinectless sku so xbone could be averaging a lot lower. seems at least possible ps4 could hold unto a victory too.

I don't think it'll happen. We'll see though.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

XBOX ONE will sell 40,000 first week only in Japan.
And other 40,000 in other countries.
I think that XBOX ONE sell between 35,000-55,000 on week.
On September, the week before Destiny, i predict 50,000, so, World Wide 120,000-150,000...
PS4 the week before Destiny will sell 70,000-80,000, because nex week coming PS4 white(and in this week will sell more of 250,000)...
So yes, XBOX ONE sell more, but only this week...

think it has a chance during first 2 weeks of Nov and BF week maybe even in Dec if PS4 has shortages like last year but thats it for WW wins this year

Play Me

In all fairness the XBOX ONE did outsell PS4 for about 10 minutes. I have the screenshots to prove it.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!