By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else tired of the "indie boom"?

phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:
You have to think in the future.
More indie games = more chance to bring new good stuff = more future big companys doing AA and AAA games.
You have to thank the indie boom.

I disagree. Indie game developers usually stay indie game developers. I mean do you know of an indie game designer that now make AAA games...?

Star citizen could be considered aaa and as i said before the witness is looking to be a pretty big game. You'll just ignore this though.

I wont ignore it and those are not AAA games, but youll probably ignore that...

Star citizen has been funded to the tune of 40+ milkion so yea aaa. The point is that your argument that no indie developers will start to reach into the aa and aaa space is false already.

Yeah, the "funded" part already proves my point...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
JOKA_ said:
Not at all. When did having options become a bad thing?

Okay yes there are quite a few bad indie games, but I have a radical solution to this tricky problem. You guys ready for it? Here it is:

Don't....buy them.

I dont, but that doesnt keep me from hearing about the shit some indie developers talk about the bigger games...

Like what?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:
More indie games = more chance to bring new good stuff = more future big companys doing AA and AAA games.

I disagree. Indie game developers usually stay indie game developers. I mean do you know of an indie game designer that now make AAA games...?

Star citizen could be considered aaa and as i said before the witness is looking to be a pretty big game. You'll just ignore this though.

Star citizen has been funded to the tune of 40+ milkion so yea aaa. The point is that your argument that no indie developers will start to reach into the aa and aaa space is false already.

Half-Life 2 is INDIE game. Grid: Autosport is INDIE game. Star Citizen was founded by customers not investors. 

Hellraid is INDIE (because Techland is private and this is first game they self-publishing).

The best indie games I got, they play very good like reminiscent of Ninty games gameplay, yet they're very polished, even at the level of AAA games. Indies are like the best of both world.

I don't see indie games as lacking quality, for the contrary, I see them as games that dedicate mostly to eficient gameplay (Stealth INC, Guacamellee, Pixel Junk eg) and the ones I expect to play not for the story or cinematics.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Ninsect said:
KLXVER said:
JOKA_ said:
Not at all. When did having options become a bad thing?

Okay yes there are quite a few bad indie games, but I have a radical solution to this tricky problem. You guys ready for it? Here it is:

Don't....buy them.

I dont, but that doesnt keep me from hearing about the shit some indie developers talk about the bigger games...

Like what?

Like "your games suck" when asked about the japanese game industry or "I dont want to make Halo or COD games, because I dont want to make shit"

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:

Most successful indie developers, move onto a nother indie project with bigger scope and grander scale.

It'll take a decade or so, but the successful indie developers will then be making more ambitious titles than AAA devs are right now. It's all about a starting point.

Mike Bithell started with Thomas was Alone, is now making Volume, a more complex game (actually has AI and 3D visuals etc.)

Enough success and they can afford to take on extra staff to help them create bigger projects.

Rome wasn't built in a day as they say. As their projects give them better resources for future development.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:

No it doesn't. Either way they have a aaa budget with a beyond aaa scope.

MikeRox said:
phaedruss said:
KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:

Most successful indie developers, move onto a nother indie project with bigger scope and grander scale.

It'll take a decade or so, but the successful indie developers will then be making more ambitious titles than AAA devs are right now. It's all about a starting point.

Mike Bithell started with Thomas was Alone, is now making Volume, a more complex game (actually has AI and 3D visuals etc.)

Enough success and they can afford to take on extra staff to help them create bigger projects.

Rome wasn't built in a day as they say. As their projects give them better resources for future development.

I agree though it's already happening.

Well, more games are neved a bad thing, even if mediocre ones flood the market. We guys are well-versed, so that doesn't affect us since we know which ones to purchase ;)

KLXVER said:
Ninsect said:

Like what?

Like "your games suck" when asked about the japanese game industry or "I dont want to make Halo or COD games, because I dont want to make shit"

Lol, so the words of one douchebag now justifies an attack on all indies?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com