By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Nintendo shouldn't suck up to third parties

RolStoppable said:

Everyone who isn't in strong denial knows that the Wii U is a piece of trash.

You lost me in the first sentence.  The Wii U has some great exclusives and the gamepad adds a lot of value, regardless of its sales. 

Anyway, they shouldn't worry about third parties this generation.  They aren't happening, and they should focus on exclusives like Bayonetta instead as they are doing.  But next generation, they do need to suck up to third parties, because they can't do it alone.  Even the Wii had bunch of third party support compared to the Wii U, granted there was a lot of shovelware.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
KLXVER said:
Euphoria14 said:

Wow, come back to me when you have size and scope of Skyrim. Size and scope of InFamous or Killzone Shadowfall.

Better yet. Come to when you have a game like Fallout 3, Destiny or even CoD.

Nintendo can not DO IT ALL.

Stop acting like they  are the be all end all. Like Nintendo is the best of the best, because they are not, and never will be.

You will say I am wrong and that is okay.

Years down the line however... I will be right.

They will have one next year. ZeldaU.

We will see how is compares to the size and scope of Skyrim.

When you traverse the world and stumble upon a cave, I hope that cave easily gets you lost for an hour. Not only that, but I hope that cave is only ONE random cave withinin a group of a hundred caves within it's game world.

Size and scope isnt everything though. Most of Skyrim is empty. Dont get me wrong, its a good game and I love playing it, but I prefer content before size. I really hope Nintendo returns to Zeldas roots in the next instalment. And besides, Nintendo always focus more on gameplay than anything else.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Euphoria14 said:
Play4Fun said:
Euphoria14 said:

Good response.

You would see, if you continued to read, that this is my point. No dev is universally "the best". For everything you might think they do best someone else will cite something they cannot do that another dev does and does well.

'Best' -    " of the most excellent or desirable type or quality."   "most skillful, talented, or successful"  "better than all others in quality or value"  

Using certain objective standards, it can be argued that Nintendo is one of the best, if not the best developers around. Subjectively, it will widely vary on preference of course.

People have been calling all kinds of devs the best since gaming forums have been a thing, now suddenly here you come with some made up criteria, telling people they can't call anyone the best. All devs make games. Whichever one they think make the best games is who people will call the best.

Fair enough. OP makes a statement about Nintendo being the best and me and many others disagree.

Just leave it at that.

It was the method by which you disagreed that people took issue with, seemingly defining "best" as "capable of making a WRPG on the scale of Skyrim, but better" and arguing that point for pages on end, rather than clarifying terms from the outset.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

DanneSandin said:
Euphoria14 said:
KLXVER said:

They will have one next year. ZeldaU.

We will see how is compares to the size and scope of Skyrim.

When you traverse the world and stumble upon a cave, I hope that cave easily gets you lost for an hour. Not only that, but I hope that cave is only ONE random cave withinin a group of a hundred caves within it's game world.

Size and scope isnt everything though. Most of Skyrim is empty. Dont get me wrong, its a good game and I love playing it, but I prefer content before size. I really hope Nintendo returns to Zeldas roots in the next instalment. And besides, Nintendo always focus more on gameplay than anything else.

Roots as in 3/4 top down view Zelda?

With 3D Zelda I would like it to be more vast. Yes, Skyrim has plenty of areas that seem empty, but that is how the world is. Not every area is populated.

I enjoy the vistas and would love to see what Nintendo could do I they tried.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Play4Fun said:
Euphoria14 said:

Good response.

You would see, if you continued to read, that this is my point. No dev is universally "the best". For everything you might think they do best someone else will cite something they cannot do that another dev does and does well.

'Best' -    " of the most excellent or desirable type or quality."   "most skillful, talented, or successful"  "better than all others in quality or value"  

Using certain objective standards, it can be argued that Nintendo is one of the best, if not the best developers around. Subjectively, it will widely vary on preference of course. 

People have been calling all kinds of devs the best since gaming forums have been a thing, now suddenly here you come with some made up criteria, telling people they can't call anyone the best. All devs make games. Whichever one they think make the best games is who people will call the best.

Fair enough. OP makes a statement about Nintendo being the best and me and many others disagree.

Just leave it at that.

It was the method by which you disagreed that people took issue with, seemingly defining "best" as "capable of making a WRPG on the scale of Skyrim, but better" and arguing that point for pages on end, rather than clarifying terms from the outset.

I was drinking. I seem to have been more about trying to keep up with replies and not fully thinking when trying to make a point. I Only wanted to state that other devs can do things Nintendo can't. So I wouldn't consider them the best, only one of the best, which isn't a knock on them in any way.

I am also on my iPhone and can't cut quote trees. Sorry.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Roots as in 3/4 top down view Zelda?

With 3D Zelda I would like it to be more vast. Yes, Skyrim has plenty of areas that seem empty, but that is how the world is. Not every area is populated.

I enjoy the vistas and would love to see what Nintendo could do I they tried.

Yes, going back to the roots as in the original LoZ. Id argue thats the first open world game there was. 

I would also love to see them try a big and vast world, like Skyrim. But Im sure theyd fill it up with mlre things to do in it. Or rather I hope they would. But I have to remark your comment that Skyrim is empty because thats how the world is; not populated everywhere. This is a game. You can add whatever you want! Theyve added dragons for crying out loud. Games arent meant to be realkstic, and the game doesnt need to be so emty therefore. Some times I find Skyrim a little too vast and empty. Just like Twilight Princess

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

You are wrong saying the Xbox one is tanking.  ITS DOING AMAZING.

If you check the history of the Xbox 360.... the X1 is SUPER OUTPACING IT ALREADY.  And the 360 sold about 100 Million.  So maybe the X1 will hit 150 Million by the end of its 10 year cycle.  Since the start is already better.

FallingTitan said:

You are wrong saying the Xbox one is tanking.  ITS DOING AMAZING.

If you check the history of the Xbox 360.... the X1 is SUPER OUTPACING IT ALREADY.  And the 360 sold about 100 Million.  So maybe the X1 will hit 150 Million by the end of its 10 year cycle.  Since the start is already better.

Give or take 18 million.

Signature goes here!

Player2 said:

Just in case someone decides to question point #1:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174711&page=1

Funny thing is that every person I know that owns a Nintendo system either also owns Demon Souls or Dark souls or both like me :)

Dark Souls is completely different from the generic third party game Nintendo players hate. And therefore it is successful with Nintendo owners.

The problem is that also everyone I know that owns a Nintendo system is a PC gamer because why buy inferior games when the PC version is better and cheaper? Thats also why I bought Demon Souls for PS3 (simply no other choice) and Dark Souls for PC (was just 10€ within first 6 months!)

All of the Nintendo people I know have a Nintendo system for Nintendo games and system exclusives.
If they have a PS3 they also just buy exclusives (99% just buy jrpgs)  If they have a 360 they also just buy exclusives (first 2 years also had alot of jrpgs this and DeadOrAlive 4 were the reasons I bought a 360) everything else is bought on PC.

I have WiiU PS3 and 360 and 95% of every consoles library is system exclusive. I just have random third party games that I bought when I was able to get them used for like 3€ or so.
I also have 500 games on steam and and most of it is multiplatform games (with some PC exclusives) 
Tomb Raider, Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 1+2, Hitman, Witcher2, Dishonored, Farcry3, Bioshock Trilogy, Mirrors Edge, Risen1+2, Skyrim, BatmanTrilogy, Assassisn Creed1-4, MaxPayne3, DeusEx, Darksiders1+2  etc etc etc.

I do have Darksiders 1, Enslaved, Metal Gear Rising  and several other PC games on console but just because they were not initially released on PC (also bought GTA5 for PS3) but I always get angry when a console exclusive comes to PC because I feel like I wasted money on the console version.
(Gta5 is a different story tho because I bought it new for 15 bucks and will get at least 15 bucks for selling it when the PC version comes out and I will be more than happy to get rid of that 25fps mess.)

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:

Just leave it at that.

I was drinking. I seem to have been more about trying to keep up with replies and not fully thinking when trying to make a point. I Only wanted to state that other devs can do things Nintendo can't. So I wouldn't consider them the best, only one of the best, which isn't a knock on them in any way.

I am also on my iPhone and can't cut quote trees. Sorry.

Eh, i'm not the mod you have to worry about for quote trees

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.